• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Want opinions on banner design

catldavis

I wonder why Malaysians would order banners from the US? I mean, they can obviously get the banners designed and printed cheaper in their home country.

catldavis

Why would that be obvious ??

You're not serious? I don't know if the OP was making a joke with this thread or if he truly would think a Malaysian company would order - and pay with real funds - for banners to be printed in the US. Either way, to answer your question, it is the same reason all of the large companies offshore their production to companies to Malaysia (among others countries), Malaysians work for nothing. It defies logic. It may happen, but something about it seems a little too good to be true (thus the jokes other members are making about the post).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I know. The whole thing/thread is a Friday afternoon fun thing. Be glad the week is over and enjoy the weekend. Join in the fun and festivities. However, ya get serious with something, I didn't consider obvious and ya cop an attitude. No problem. Hope this week goes better for you. :rock-n-roll:

Marlene

put the main copy on an arc and it would look so much better! maybe arc everything so it is really "fancy". the colors are great! nice and bright. needed sunglasses just to look at it. nice job!

oksigns

That looks like RGB blues and reds and wont come out that vibrant. I would be worried about customer expectation that and the contrast is hard on the eyes.

signguy 55

You know what's scary about all this? There are a few members who actually believe this an actual job design. What started as a joke on a Friday afternoon is now an actual critique of a make believe job. Are there really some members here who believed this was an actual job in the works? Unless you've been on Uranus for 5 years you know all about the "Feed the children" 500 banner order. Just when you think you've seen it all something like this comes along and shows how bad off our trade is.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
signguy 55;1242543[SIZE=1 said:
]You know what's scary about all this? There are a few members who actually believe this an actual job design. What started as a joke on a Friday afternoon is now an actual critique of a make believe job[/SIZE]. Are there really some members here who believed this was an actual job in the works? Unless you've been on Uranus for 5 years you know all about the "Feed the children" 500 banner order. Just when you think you've seen it all something like this comes along and shows how bad off our trade is.

attachment.php

Attachments

• hand_raising.jpg
    hand_raising.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 134

SignManiac

I made many of the changes that everyone suggested but the client decided to stay with the first version. I think it looks contemporary like a lot of the designs I see around these days. Who really wants boring block letters anyway. The key is to stand out among a sea of blah...

Marlene

I made many of the changes that everyone suggested but the client decided to stay with the first version. I think it looks contemporary like a lot of the designs I see around these days. Who really wants boring block letters anyway. The key is to stand out among a sea of blah...

I totally agree! who says fonts like that should be used upper and lower case only when it looks so great all upper? just the man trying to keep our talents down

synergy_jim

Make sure you use his shipping company, They are legit!

:)

TimToad

If you keep rubbing it in, none of us will ever be able to pull off another one off on a Friday afternoon, mischief mission.

SignManiac

So I edited the design from all the suggestions and this is what Reverend Scamilton shot down.

Attachments

• Feed a Child.jpg
    Feed a Child.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 100

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So I edited the design from all the suggestions and this is what Reverend Scamilton shot down.

Well, naturally, he shot this one down. The contrast is bad, the kerning is all over the place and you used all different type styles. Besides, "Earth Tones" went out in the 70's. Not to mention the arch in the words does not match the arc of the shape.

Nope, back to the drawing board. :covereyes: