• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Want to buy Graphtec cutting plotter knife blade holder???

Nikson420

Hello all good people, as the title say I want to buy Graphtec cutting plotter knife blade holder and found this one on aliexpress - https://aliexpress.com/e/_DmSrmBR
What do you think about price and quality? Its my first time buying this so any help is wellcome, thanks!

newparade

Really with AliExpress for me, it’s buy it and try it. I’d try it for $28. I use a slightly cheaper aluminum one from Amazon for my perf cut blade and haven’t had any problems with it.

ikarasu

You can buy them on amazon for $10.

They work, but they have more play on them than a legit graphtec blade holder... So for little tiny text they're garbage, if you're just cutting items about 2-3" they work fine.

We use the cheap one for perf cutting and never had an issue, don't think I'd use it for kiss cutting though.

garyroy

Hello all good people, as the title say I want to buy Graphtec cutting plotter knife blade holder and found this one on aliexpress - https://aliexpress.com/e/_DmSrmBR
What do you think about price and quality? Its my first time buying this so any help is wellcome, thanks!
I don't know, that's a pretty big decision you're making there. Do some more research, ask a few more forums, consult with others in your area.
I'm sure you'll get the right blade holder when it's all said and done. Let us know how it worked out.

Nikson420

Thank you guys, still looking for right one but I think I will buy this from aliexpress just to try it. Will risk the money :)

ChicagoGraphics

Sure hope you don't need it right away as the shipping will probably take a couple of months or more, you might have to pay duty as well

ikarasu

Isn't USA duty free like $650? My biggest business is shipping stuff to USA, I avoid ups because even if there's $0 duties owed they charge a $30 brokerage fee to tell you that. Every other carrier and my customers don't have to pay a thing.

ikarasu

Its $800 now, not 650... I was wrong! This is just the first google search, but you can find out the fee for your country by searching for "de minimis" + your country. I was always jealous because canadas is $20... now $40 for taxes, 150 for duties, and America is so much higher, you guys are lucky. 4

Evan Gillette

Most sign suppliers like grimco sell them. About $120 for blade holder. Out of curiosity I ordered an amazon one and it came with 30 blades (10 of 30deg 45deg and 60deg) just to see how bad it was. It was .1 mm loose on diameter so I wrapped with a thin tape and tried it out, working fine so far... Not that I recommend but its kind of fun to experiment. I have a $300 chinese spindle on my router and it has been chugging for over a year without issue while I get the original rebuilt.