• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wanted: Scrap diamond grade reflective pieces

Jeff

This is our driveway marker Vinyl ball 1 7-10-14.jpg

Everyone thinks it is a rock covered with vinyl, but it is actually a solid ball of scrap vinyl. Mostly from weeding but some just run of the mill short pieces, old stock and such.

When we moved our business back home we decided to make it our driveway marker, the final layer of vinyl is all standard grade reflective.

We are getting close to having another one done for the other side of the driveway, I'm going to put them on landscape brick type pedestals.

I would like the final layer on them to be multiple colors of diamond grade reflective. I thought about trying to contact 3M but thought I would check here first. As you can see I just need scraps similar to what you see in the photo.

I'm willing to pay for shipping if someone here would happen to work with diamond grade reflective and have scraps that would work.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. The ball in the photo weighs 450 lbs...that is the second most often asked question about it. It gets a lot of attention. We have a campground right next to us and often people stop and take photos of it...some even get out and pose by it.:Big Laugh

letterman7

That's funny as hell. How big is that size-wise? If it could be sliced in two, it would probably look like some exotic crystal..

I have a few scraps of DG3, but probably not enough for what you're looking for.

Jeff

That's funny as hell. How big is that size-wise? If it could be sliced in two, it would probably look like some exotic crystal..

I have a few scraps of DG3, but probably not enough for what you're looking for.

It is 11' in diameter at it's widest & 32" tall. I have also thought about slicing one open.

Beggars can't be choosers...I would welcome any reasonable sized scraps (probably no smaller than 4"-5" pieces)...they will add up.

Mattshel

We usually have a ton in our shop but we have been donating it to some schools around town for art projects, as well as a big mural thing for construction safety we have been working on forever.

Awesome

Over the years we have started a few vinyl scrap balls but given up...largely due to the dimensions and weight you mentioned and no real practical place to put it....that is fun to see that someone went all the way with it! :rock-n-roll:

Jeff

Over the years we have started a few vinyl scrap balls but given up...largely due to the dimensions and weight you mentioned and no real practical place to put it....that is fun to see that someone went all the way with it! :rock-n-roll:

This is our current one Vinyl ball 2 7-11-14.jpg ...it's just about as big as the other one. It is at the point of obnoxious to flip/rotate! We flip/rotate and it's shear weight smashes the vinyl down good.

Mosh

We made a full sized lounge chair one year with our vinyl ball. All fun and games until you go to get rid of it, we had to
take a saw and cut it down.

BK Vinyl

Got some

I have some 3M Diamond Grade Reflective ranging from about 6"x9" to about 29"x11". They are mostly white with some yellow, all from making traffic signs.
I also have some translucent red and blue that you could put over the white and it would still be reflective.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 95