Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wanting to be a wrapper but don’t know the words!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by flat rock stan, Mar 7, 2007.

1. flat rock stan

flat rock stan Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Hello all! I have been in the window tinting business for 30+ years and produce training DVD’s for that industry. The wrap business will be an addition to my retail location. .I took the Oracal wrap class last month in Vancouver Wa. that GraphiXtreme wrote about and have been practicing with a 54 inch roll of unprinted Orical 3951 RA my supplier laminated for me. I think I have decided on the Roland sp 540 but need to learn some graphic design before plunking down the money. I have seen so many people upgrading to the new higher speed Rolland that it’s got me thinking but don’t really want to spend the extra money. Guess I will just buy the 540 and sell it in 6 months lol!!! I have flexisign 7 but don’t know beans about working with it! Flexi training CD #1 is in the mail. I started an online photoshop class last month from a local community collage figuring I had to start somewhere!!!! The forum is great; I haven’t even asked any questions and have learned lots, thanks! I spent some time last night on a couple of sites I found here on the forum, alienskin and digitaljuice. Really kool stuff on both sites. If I am understanding things right………………. That’s a big IF…… once I learn photoshop can I use the software from them to start designing my first wrap? All tips and advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Stan Foster (just call me grasshopper) :peace!:

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from Pa.

Looks like you gonna have fun here.... LOL

3. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Another welcome from PA grasshopper

4. vinylbarry

vinylbarry Active Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Welcome From Ky to:signs101:

5. RJ California

RJ California Active Member

Jul 19, 2005
    California
    Good Luck with your venture.

6. Sign Prophet

Sign Prophet Member

Jan 5, 2007
    Welcome from Long Beach, California. Good luck

7. mladams7259

mladams7259 Very Active Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Welcome Aboard!

8. CW Graphix

CW Graphix Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Wait to buy you 540v until after the ISA show the new 540 v will be a 4 head machine for about the same price as a the current twohead machine!

Chris

9. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Welcome also G.H.
    I would take the time to learn the software first before putting out bucks for the hardware. Photoshop is a huge program and integrating it into your print/cut flow will be quite a task. The harware will likely come down in price while you are learning to work the software. To answer your question...Yes.
    Being proficient ( not excellent) with Photoshop will allow you to do this.
    Sounds like you are on the right track.
    Good luck !
    Ken

10. masterdesigns

masterdesigns Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Welcome, since you already have a market for windows, I would look at going heavily into window graphics/window murals. Good luck and welcome
    Bob

11. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Howdee from VA.................

12. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Welcome from Oklahoma!

:Welcome: to :signs101:

13. ENTDesign

ENTDesign Very Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Welcome

14. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Welcome from WA

15. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Welcome Aboard!

16. the east coast kid

the east coast kid Member

Aug 31, 2006
    NJ
    Welcome!

I must agree learning the softwear is the hard part of the curve(I am in the same boat)----Have fun