• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wanting to do contours in Flexi - pulling my hair out

hamiltonaudio

I'm new to Flexi 8.x I simply want to take basic text, and add a contour to it...so i can cut the contour in one color and the text in another. then overlaying the text on the contour....pretty basic effect.

I can easily do a contour in Coreldraw 14 and export both pieces...but when I cut them, they are somehow NOT the same size - so the text ends up too small - so it overlays well for the first few letters but the alignment gets poorer and poorer. I suspect the conversion process is doing this?

I know how to get into the contour cut option in Flexi - and even separate them so they are separate pieces. But when I highlight the contour line, I can't cut it! I can highlight and cut the text, but when I highlight the contour i don't see anything in the production manager...

I guess my question is twofold - what is the cleanest/simplest way of achieving the overlaid/contour look i'm after?? and...using Flexi, how do I get the contour line to be cuttable?

thanks!
bmoney

ChristianSlager

The "contour" function in Flexi is for contour cutting printed media. I believe what you are looking for is the OUTLINE function...

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Contour cuts in Flexi are for digital prints. Don't use it for what your trying to do.
Outline your text in Flexi and separate it. Select the outline and send it to the cutter.

grafxxx

i use the contour cut for most of my outlines.you make your contour cut. then you need to separate the contour cut(right click) then you need to reselect it . then click on the arrange tab goto "contour cut" and select "release contour" cut
no you can use it to cut.

high impact

i use the contour cut for most of my outlines.you make your contour cut. then you need to separate the contour cut(right click) then you need to reselect it . then click on the arrange tab goto "contour cut" and select "release contour" cut
no you can use it to cut.

I just learned something...kewl!

I still think it is easier and quicker to just use outline though.

grafxxx

i just don't like that i have to choose inline or outline and the contour cut is so much quicker for me anyways