• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

warm room and solvent printer

watchdaride

i just got a used mimaki printer to do add on service for my window tint shop . As far as temperature the printer is in a room its around 80'f . But we usually turn off the air conditioning at night because its an old unit and the land lord just keeps fixing it and doesnt want to replace it . How would it affect the ink and machine if the A/C is off at nights and sundays and the room gets hot probably in high 90's. IF i print something every couple of days and clean the machine regularly . Will the heat degrade the ink or clog in the lines ? I will leave the A/C if needed but prefer not to . i am in florida so it does get hot .

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You shouldn't have a problem with the ink clogging or anything. The main concern is that storing the ink cartridges at high temperatures for an extended amount of time could cause them to burst. It's rare but more common in hotter settings. The heat will also affect how well the print head fires the ink out of the nozzles. You will want to bring the temperature down to normal room temp before printing to get consistent results.

Just so you know, the inks combust around 160 degree. If there is any chance that the room will reach that temp for any reason, don't use that room. I've never seen it happen but it's good to know.

watchdaride

I would cool the room for a couple of hours first before running it. Just wanted to make sure the heat does break down the quality of the ink . I figured cold would do more damage than heat .

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I would cool the room for a couple of hours first before running it. Just wanted to make sure the heat does break down the quality of the ink . I figured cold would do more damage than heat .

I wouldn't worry about it at all. It is as hot and gets hotter here all year round. AC during the day off at night and Sundays (when we're not printing on Sundays) - no issues.
Mutoh eco solvent.

wayne k
guam usa

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You shouldn't have a problem with the ink clogging or anything. The main concern is that storing the ink cartridges at high temperatures for an extended amount of time could cause them to burst. It's rare but more common in hotter settings. The heat will also affect how well the print head fires the ink out of the nozzles. You will want to bring the temperature down to normal room temp before printing to get consistent results.

Just so you know, the inks combust around 160 degree. If there is any chance that the room will reach that temp for any reason, don't use that room. I've never seen it happen but it's good to know.

Is this true just for the full solvents?
When I first started to print eco sol I figured I'd set up a drip burner to get rid of the waste ink instead having it end up in the land fill. I tried to get it to ignite with my torch and it would not catch - just evaporate away.
We also have the ink shipped in by air and none of the packaging lists a combustible hazard warning.

wayne k
guam usa