• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WARNING: Carjacking Scam

TheSellOut

I received this email from one of my suppliers and thought I should share.

THIS PERTAINS TO EVERYONE--MEN INCLUDED.
Warning..!!!! Warning....!!!!

Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public

parking area. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the

rear window of the car. When I took it off after I got home,

it was a receipt for gas. Luckily my friend told me not to

stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the

car . Then we received this email yesterday:

'WARNING FROM POLICE

THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN
BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE--
NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating.. . You walk

across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. You

start the engine and shift into Reverse..

When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your
parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle

of the rear window. So, you shift into Park, unlock your

doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or

whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach

the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out

of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically

mow you down as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.

So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your

money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are

now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just

drive away. Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you

read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and

family, especially to women. A purse contains all kinds of

personal information and identification documents, and you

certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.

Please keep this going and tell all your friends.

p3

yep, same as the baby. Heard the baby goes as far s people leaving something on the porch or outside someones home and them coming out to see what it is and then bein' robbed! lol. some of these are funny, There are so many ways to get someone out of the car so I am thinking of starting dontgetcarjacked.com outlining all the ways you could be lured! only kidding. Although on this kind of topic has everyone seen the deal about the new credit cards with the chips and how easy it is to get your information with the swipe technology? as long as you are close enough to someone.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]http://www.wreg.com/videobeta/?watchId=8ba6f8fc-90a2-4711-90ea-1884ec348310[/FONT][/FONT]

signgal

LOL i checked snopes too. My sis is in the FBI and gave me a lecture years ago about propagating these kinds of stories in e-mails. I've now made it my own personal mission to be the BS police and cut 'em of at the knees when they find their way into my inbox. I give them the same lecture she gave me :)

John L

I didnt follow the snopes thing but is it that this isn't possible? Cause I could easily see this myth working against someone. There's a million current ways to be scammed. Some more creative and effective than others.

I mentioned it to my girls here, Thanks.

CheapVehicleWrap

No it's true. This is just one of the ways we jack in jersey. For the price of a ream of paper (about 3 bucks) you can get 500 nice cars. Double if you cut the pages in half.

chopper

I can see how this could happen, and I do believe it to be true,
but what I am curious about is the snopes thing, why would you believe some crap on a web site telling you if it is true or not? who is checking to see if what snopes is reporting is true?
just a thought...
//chopper

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What you really have to watch out for with this scam is some poor desperate sign guy reduced to stealing cars by placing "Feed the Children" banners on the rear windows to try and make back the money he lost being scammed by the reverend in Nigeria....

wayne k
guam usa

buttons

I can see how this could happen, and I do believe it to be true,
but what I am curious about is the snopes thing, why would you believe some crap on a web site telling you if it is true or not? who is checking to see if what snopes is reporting is true?
just a thought...
//chopper

The whole point of Snopes.com is to debunk "chain" emails that just spam our inbox. This email has been going around for YEARS now.

JasperST

A hoax, but this one is for real. Men especially need to be wary. A couple of beautiful young gals approach you in the parking lot saying that their friend got mad and ran off, leaving stranded and could you give them a ride a couple of miles down the road.

Then when they get in, one pulls a gun and they rob you! They're really slick about it too, I fell for it a couple of months ago, last month and twice this past weekend.

signage

A hoax, but this one is for real. Men especially need to be wary. A couple of beautiful young gals approach you in the parking lot saying that their friend got mad and ran off, leaving stranded and could you give them a ride a couple of miles down the road.

Then when they get in, one pulls a gun and they rob you! They're really slick about it too, I fell for it a couple of months ago, last month and twice this past weekend.

Jasper if its this one me too.:omg::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A "heads up" for those men who may be regular Home Depot customers.

Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.

Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 20-21 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the trunk. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex and a skimpy T-shirt. It is impossible not to look.

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say "No" and instead ask you for a ride to another Home Depot. You agree and they get in the backseat. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet. I had my wallet stolen November 4th, 9th,10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, & 24th. Also, December 1st, 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th, 30th, three times last Saturday and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful.

Jasper
P.S. Walmart has wallets on sale 2.99 each :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::frustrated: