• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WARNING dumb question ahead reverse adhesive on perf?

toodark

The local Zoo is looking to perf one of their glass animal cages. It would be the back glass of the cage so visitor see a nice scene but they want to be able to look in from the outside

ideas?

J Hill Designs

so perf on the back glass of the cage, and handlers want to see through from behind the back into the cage?

this is regular perf characteristics.

J Hill Designs

it does - there is non-adhesive perf - print, then lam with double sided optically clear mounting adhesive

I think you laminate the 'black' side too, to cover up the adhesive in the holes

lgroth

PanoFilm.... It's an interior mounted one-way perf, it uses an optically clear two sided tape top & bottom, no lam needed. Just Google "PanoFilm" for info about it.

Window Shock with "Gecko Grip" No adhesive and is removable/re-usable. Uses tiny suction cup type technology. See it here......

http://www.advantagesgs.com/core/media/media.nl/id.395335/c.394872/.f?h=fa720fc5464141aee958

Mark

Is it double sided? The way he wanted to do it was to put it on the back of the glass for the print to be viewable from inside the cage. I wonder if it is possible to do this after you print on it. Or I wonder when some company will come out with a adhesive backed lam. Adhesive on one side thin optially clear vinyl in middle with micosuction technology on the other. Then you could turn any non-adhesive backed vinyl into a reusable sticker. Or make a removable textile print. I am making a mental copyright on this technology right now.

J Hill Designs

Is it double sided? The way he wanted to do it was to put it on the back of the glass for the print to be viewable from inside the cage. I wonder if it is possible to do this after you print on it. Or I wonder when some company will come out with a adhesive backed lam. Adhesive on one side thin optially clear vinyl in middle with micosuction technology on the other. Then you could turn any non-adhesive backed vinyl into a reusable sticker. Or make a removable textile print. I am making a mental copyright on this technology right now.

the link is exactly that. print on the side that gets stuck to the glass. no, its not double sided. one side is most likely black, like all perf

the link is exactly that. print on the side that gets stuck to the glass. no, its not double sided. one side is most likely black, like all perf

ahhh. nice I got similar tech from glass adhere but you print on the side that doesn't face the window. Also non-perf.
Also how does print affect the microsuction tech. I know that sometimes prints can cause the surface of the material to change. Especially with latex because it sits on top for the most part.

jfiscus

Rap Master
The cowboy sells a solvent printable face-mounted window perf. It printed great on an Epson GS6000 for me, but the ink profile really needs turned down to print on a Mimaki, as our test print on a Mimaki took a LONG time to dry and even then transferred some ink to our test window.

sfr table hockey

I have noticed with clear cling media that if you print normal and stick the printed side to the inside of a glass window, in time the heat from the sun on the window would bake the ink to the window so when removed, you could have a residue from the ink stuck to the window and thus be removing some ink from the cling. With this in mind I reverse print any clear cling.

Can this happen with your inside mount window perf with the tiny suction cups where it may get baked onto the glass when in direct sun light? Or is this dependent on the type of ink used like eco solvent or latex?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I have noticed with clear cling media that if you print normal and stick the printed side to the inside of a glass window, in time the heat from the sun on the window would bake the ink to the window so when removed, you could have a residue from the ink stuck to the window and thus be removing some ink from the cling. With this in mind I reverse print any clear cling.

Can this happen with your inside mount window perf with the tiny suction cups where it may get baked onto the glass when in direct sun light? Or is this dependent on the type of ink used like eco solvent or latex?

I just tested one that we have had on our window for about 9 months. This print was done one of our Mutoh ValueJet Demo units with Eco-Ultra inks. There was a very slight ink residue on the window but it came right off by gently wiping it with my finger.

sfr table hockey

Thanks for the quick reply.

Last question.
Would you have noticed any deterioration to the perf print itself where it touches the window?

In other words, we know there can be some ink film left behind that is easily removed but will removing the perf and trying to replace it some where else show any major deterioration to the print which would not happen if you never tried to move it?