• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Warranty on Wraps

SIGNMAN_52

We are quoting on a full wrap of a 53' trailer and the customer is inquiring about what kind of warranty we would provide. So I am asking for any feedback or advice on how shops that do lots of wraps handle this question when it comes up.

We would be using IJ180Cv3-10.

Thank you for your help!

HulkSmash

1 year on install. 3m has their own warranty, but good luck getting them to honor it if anything goes wrong.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
In this shop anything that is applied to something with wheels gets our standard 5/50 warranty. 5 minutes or 50 MPH, whichever occurs first.

Custom_Grafx

Give them the 180 bulletin (a 20 page or so document), and tell them that's what to expect from it, and how to care for it, and what to or not to do to it. Also, if they want a warranty, they would need to prove they followed the guidelines in that document.

You can warrant things like install but material failure is a tough one. Maybe a mix of "all care but no responsibility" and "we'll do everything in our power to fix a fixable problem" type approach is best?

Premier Wraps

We do a 3 year written warranty. We write down the laminate lot number and the vinyl lot number. Along with the day it was printed, the day it was laminated and the date it was installed. This shows the vinyl was outgassed. On the same sheet of paper we also include the wrap care instructions. We print this sheet on green paper so it stands out. We also put the lot numbers on the invoice and staple these two together. Then put all that into a pocketed folded brochure with out company information. It's like a final little warranty pack. Like when you get your windows tinted or new tires on your car. We also go to the Avery website and log in the lot numbers used so Avery has the information in case a warranty claim is needed. To finish it off, when we're done wrapping the car, we gather up all the scraps and roll them up. Then give that to the customer as well in case they ever need a touch up down the road that would require a patch.

As far as an installation warranty. If there's ever a problem with the installation, bring it back we'll fix it no charge. So if something is lifting or say there's a small bubble we'll take care of it. No questions asked. But they do know if they run a shopping cart down the side and tear the heck out of it. They're on their own. But if it's truly something we screwed up. We'll fix it.

No warranty on horizontal position.

heyskull

+1 Custom Grafx.

Most Installs fail not because of application or preparation but on how well the customer looks after it.
I have had clients bring me in failures after the vehicles has been run into!!! They expect the wrap to improve/stop damage to the vehicle!!

SC