Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wasatch - Asking for registration codes all of a sudden.

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by CaliforniaVibe, Jan 8, 2019.

1. CaliforniaVibe

CaliforniaVibe Production and Digital Print Operator

Jan 12, 2017
    California
    Been using Wasatch for 5 years, with the dongle and code. Use it pretty much every day, I turn it on my computer this morning and open Wasatch SoftRIP 7.2, and now its asking for registration codes, and removed all my profiles. August would be the revision date so it just strikes me as random that its requesting codes all of a sudden. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue before I contact tech support?

2. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Check you dongle, often times that is the culprit. Make sure the light is lit and/or take it out and plug it back in.

Also, make sure something hasn't happened to that USB port, sometimes they go bad.

Worst case scenario call Wasatch, even though you might not have a current service plan, they should be willing to give you tips on how to get the dongle working again.

Good luck.

3. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Add to this, may want to try out a different port as well. It doesn't happen often (very rarely in my experience), but I've had ports go bad before. Worth checking out just to make sure.