• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wasatch Print, lamination then cut problems

Big_pete

hey im a new member to this great forum, been a reader for months and i found alot of great post that helped me with problems i hade in the past.

but now i rane in to a problem and haven't found anything useful on the interweb so im making my first post here for it :)

i have a file that im gona print on vinyl then put lamination on it and then cut it

as RIP software we use Wasatch 6.9 and printer is Roland sc-540 that do the cutting and printing

i done tones of test with no success, tryed to include registration marks both in illustrator and in wasatch.
i get the marks on the material but just cant get the roland to read them when i reload them for cutting after lamination.
so if anyone could walk me thru the prossess on how you do it in wasatch or even other rip softwarer it would be of great help.

/Big Peter

MikeD

If you get the first mark to read but none of the others, you may have your media loaded askew. If it will not read the first mark then it may be a reflectivity issue caused by your laminate. Try a piece of matte scotch tape over the mark to reduce glare. Consult your printer tech and laminate vendor for further advice.
I think there are threads on this site that address this issue.
Good Luck!
Mike

MrSalumi

Make sure you are putting registration marks in artwork not in wasatch. I battled wasatch for a long time trying to use their registration mark feature. When I called and talked to someone at wasatch they suggested that I insert the marks in Illustrator not it wasatch. Apparently they don't even have confidence in their own program.

There should be a plugin for Illustrator available.

MikeD

The point MrSalumi brings up drives me nuts!!! It really seems that Wasatch is engineered more for printing good color, with little emphasis on cutting. They do support several different cutting features, but I've experienced problems and inconsistency in them. To top it off, Wasatch is truly lacking in customer support; it's as if they are more interested in sales than customer satisfaction... "You have an issue with our software? Well, give us another $600.00 and we will look into it. Maybe we can even help fix it." Inevitably, we have to figure it out ourselves or get help somewhere else.

woolly

Need to flip the coin here.
I have a sc540 run mainly with colourrip which is a cut down version of wasatch done for Roland.
It works very well indeed. It would take too long here to type out the instructions so follow the on line help integrated with the software this link my help
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...U4lhNQoEa8zKMz02A&sig2=W7tSZTNmIHufQav-CdePJA

Hopefully that works
The software needs the process cutting paths ticked

To print the marks the software tells the printer to print its own. The cut path is saved to a new file which you send latter after telling the software its a cutter only.
To find the marks you tell the printer from the key pads to find the marks after placing the knife over the first mark dot .
When the printer says b123 you can send the cut file.
I use versaworks on another roland and not really as good as wasatch can be when you understand it better