Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wasatch softrip and icc profile

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by hethan, Mar 21, 2013.

1. hethan

hethan New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    Hello,
    I have an epson 9800 and use wasatch 6 as rip. I'm a traditional artist switching some years ago to digital.
    Was always satisfied with printing with standard driver settings within photoshop, but decided to set up a workflow with colormanagement.
    I'm making Icc profiles with colormunki photo , and in wasatch I do use them as input profile.
    So far so good, but I don't get the results I want, although I can see the improved printing quality by wasatch, but in the end there is an output profile necessary in wasatch, which is CMYK.At this moment I do use as output profile a standard CMYKswop profile, which results in weak shadows. So basically, I think to skip working in RGB and switch to CMYK, but than I do have a problem with my Colormunki Photo equipment, making icc profiles in RGB format.Is there a way to change the RGB iccprofiles into CMYK icc??( easy to use software?)
    Sorry it's that much text!!:smile:; still hope there is an answer..

2. LenR

LenR Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Maryland
    The profiles you make are the output profiles.
    For input profiles use something like Adobe1998 and work in RGB.

3. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    To my knowledge, the ColorMunki device is intended to produce ICC printer profiles exclusively for driver-based workflows. These are typically RGB swatch sets, in spite of the fact that the desktop printer uses CMYK inks.

RIPs on the other hand, generally require CMYK-based swatch sets, and that type of ICC profile is not available in the ColorMunki, though XRite also makes a series of spectrophotometers that include the i1Pro2 series that can generate CMYK-based ICC profiles that are useable in most RIPs, via the i1 Profiler software.