• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wasatch Softrip

george w

I have not used a rip before and I am considering buying a used copy of Wasatch Softrip 6.7. I appears to be easy to use as comprehensive in what it can do.

Does anyone have knowledge of this product who can shed light on it?

Thanks.

george w

I have an Epson 9700 and the version of the software available is for Epson printers. I am stoked about getting it because in my "newbieness" I didn't know that a rip wasn't just a good idea, it seems to be vital. I had hoped x5 would accommodate the printing options I needed which is tiling for images that exceed the media size. Wasatch makes their software look very good but I wanted the opinions of veterans who know about this sort of thing. I have made a couple of moves that were unwise, not dreadful mistakes, but things inexperience can lead to.

Thanks for the input, it means quite a lot.

dmfahie

I have it. Easy to learn and use. Naturally I can critique some of its user friendliness. Overall I would buy it again. Easy color management. I Use it on my Mimaki JV-3 / 33 and Seiko Colorpainter. One thing you may want to do as a beginner is to purchase the tech support from them... or better yet upgrade your version and you will get 3? months support. Not sure of your knowledge of ICC profiles, as I lack in them.. But you will need to have someone come in (we do) or purchase the equipment yourself to make your profiles. Good luck, im no genius but if I can answer any more questions... shoot them over.

george w

Thanks! That is an excellent suggestion about buying an upgrade to get free tech support. I know virtually nothing about ICC profiles. However they must be a lot like the game of golf... all you need to to is hit a little white ball into a hole in the ground.... how hard can that be? Eighteen shots and the game is over.:wink: