• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WASH TEST FOR R TRANS on 50/50 Results

skdave

I just finished the third washing the R Trans transfer that I pressed on a Hanes Heavyweight 50/50. I am very pleased with the wash test results.
We printed the paper with dye sublimation ink and pressed at 370 degrees for 35 seconds.

The one on the left has been washed 3 times and dried. The one on the right is right off the press.

I would compare the results to the wash test I've done on my GT541 and better than a wash test if this design was silk screened.

The hand is heavier than the results of the GT 541 of course, but VERY acceptable by screen print standards. We Contour cut the transfer, so there is NO BOX look or feel.

The down side is the R-Trans paper cost $1.445 a square foot. My ink cost was about .30 for this test.

The up side is that colors are brighter than the results on the GT541 Brother. The fact that we can offer 50/50 shirts now, is a plus.
I'm not limited to the 14"x16" platen size of my GT541. On my 54" dye sub printer I can oversize print on 50/50 now. Which I will do Monday and post the results. Now to get the cost way down on the transfer paper and I will have a GREAT product.

Attachments

• 101_2401.jpg
    101_2401.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 202