Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

waste tank

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by ravitan, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ravitan

ravitan Member

Mar 26, 2011
    hi u all
    we here a lot about the storm in the usa and i hope alll of u r well protected and busniss is well

the printer jv3 130, i made a test to try to follow my ink , filled up all the tanks of the bullk systeme empty my wastant and afther 45 days i made a refill
    the thing is that my waste tank is MORE THEM 1,5 LITER
    i dont know but it looks a lot to me..
    i made around 4 soft cleaning and 1 fill up ink during that time and sped around 50 cc of solvent
    is all that ink?!

i heard around about a try to seperet the ink tubes in the wast tank and to rycycel them, anyone tryed that? what about all the derty solvet that comes there , let say afther filtering can it work?
    am i getting to cheap here?

another qwetion
    im using raster link 2 haw can i optimaze my grediant prints?

thanks 4 the help

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    i'm about to do the separate waste line. i figured i would only be dealing with a small amount of added cleaning solution that i occasionally put down the dampers. but yes, it is frustrating to think that these printers toss so much ink. ...about $100 a month. when i separate my lines, i'm using syringes (large) with an air/pinhole at the top. i've done it in the past with white. it works well. for course the white ink costs four times as much as other colors. in the end i've gone back to my own in-house pain in the *** but very opaque white ink. with i want white i want WHITE.

Attached Files:

3. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    currently i have a long line coming out to a separate container for the cyan ink. due to recent issue's i've had with the pump, i decided to just leave the long line on for easy access to pull a syringe on it, if necessary.

think I will be doing the same for my other individual colors, as well... heck, what's the worst that can happen? if anything, and you don't want to put the ink back through your printer (contamination?), you can always turn scrap vinyl into watercolor artwork and/or have colors handy to touchup print errors prior to lamination (saved my butt a few times in the past).

i do like the recycling of ink idea, however. For me to do so I hope to have refillable carts with permanent chips in the future and I'll just dial my head refresh rate and cleaning cycles to high heaven to keep the printer "wet" and happy.

4. Proximus

Proximus Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Podgorica
    artbot did u try to separate waste lines and put back ink to refillable? how heads reacts, any additional clogs?