• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

waste tank

ravitan

hi u all
we here a lot about the storm in the usa and i hope alll of u r well protected and busniss is well

the printer jv3 130, i made a test to try to follow my ink , filled up all the tanks of the bullk systeme empty my wastant and afther 45 days i made a refill
the thing is that my waste tank is MORE THEM 1,5 LITER
i dont know but it looks a lot to me..
i made around 4 soft cleaning and 1 fill up ink during that time and sped around 50 cc of solvent
is all that ink?!

i heard around about a try to seperet the ink tubes in the wast tank and to rycycel them, anyone tryed that? what about all the derty solvet that comes there , let say afther filtering can it work?
am i getting to cheap here?

another qwetion
im using raster link 2 haw can i optimaze my grediant prints?

thanks 4 the help

Attachments

• _1_~1.JPG
    _1_~1.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 117

artbot

i'm about to do the separate waste line. i figured i would only be dealing with a small amount of added cleaning solution that i occasionally put down the dampers. but yes, it is frustrating to think that these printers toss so much ink. ...about $100 a month. when i separate my lines, i'm using syringes (large) with an air/pinhole at the top. i've done it in the past with white. it works well. for course the white ink costs four times as much as other colors. in the end i've gone back to my own in-house pain in the ass but very opaque white ink. with i want white i want WHITE.

Attachments

• white_recycle.jpg
    white_recycle.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 89

MikePro

currently i have a long line coming out to a separate container for the cyan ink. due to recent issue's i've had with the pump, i decided to just leave the long line on for easy access to pull a syringe on it, if necessary.

think I will be doing the same for my other individual colors, as well... heck, what's the worst that can happen? if anything, and you don't want to put the ink back through your printer (contamination?), you can always turn scrap vinyl into watercolor artwork and/or have colors handy to touchup print errors prior to lamination (saved my butt a few times in the past).

i do like the recycling of ink idea, however. For me to do so I hope to have refillable carts with permanent chips in the future and I'll just dial my head refresh rate and cleaning cycles to high heaven to keep the printer "wet" and happy.

Proximus

i'm about to do the separate waste line. i figured i would only be dealing with a small amount of added cleaning solution that i occasionally put down the dampers. but yes, it is frustrating to think that these printers toss so much ink. ...about $100 a month. when i separate my lines, i'm using syringes (large) with an air/pinhole at the top. i've done it in the past with white. it works well. for course the white ink costs four times as much as other colors. in the end i've gone back to my own in-house pain in the *** but very opaque white ink. with i want white i want WHITE.

artbot did u try to separate waste lines and put back ink to refillable? how heads reacts, any additional clogs?