• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Waste?

Joe Diaz

We use our backing paper from laminate for pounce patterns. They work great for that. We have so much more paper than we would ever use for that so we also give rolls away to a few other mural artists that we know so they too can make patterns. Like Gino said, we wrap presents and packages in the stuff. I've even used it as table covers for parties. I've also used old used banners as floor tarps and we give our vinyl scraps away to grade schools. Once they finally figure out how to make the Mr. Fusion. I plan on powering my car off of discarded vinyl waste among other things.

If you don't like thinking of it as helping the environment think of it as a savings by getting one more use out of something used, thus avoiding the purchase of something new.

rjssigns

......WTF are nursing homes, preschools and the like gonna do with waste vinyl from weeding and carrier paper......Eat it? They are gonna look at it and wonder where that crap came from and it will wind up in the same place everyone else puts it...IN THE GARBAGE.
If you wanna get creative.......put it all in a big box and ship it back where it came from.....China

My my someone has sand in their vagina.

boxerbay

the backer rolls from laminating we use to wrap finished foamboard posters. we also use it on the floor to keep 20 foot banner clean while we hem them together.
the weeded waste goes in garbage. we try to gang it up real good so we dont have a lot of waste.

Smacka

Design some 1 color logos or decals (in different sizes) and run them beside whatever you have going. That will get rid of some of the waste and place them on the backs of any signage you do. Hell, stick them everywhere!

longlivemedia

It's a good thing that your actually thinking about recycling. Well, many art orgs and associations can make use of that. Or those organization especially dedicated to the green movement.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I like to burn it. It's fascinating to watch the different colors vinyl will create when it burns.

I admit that, I too, am part of a carbon amnesty program. Those poor little atoms have been trapped in petroleum for so long...and they really desire to be free.

JB

GeorgeT

Don't know if you have any kids, but if you do you can just take it home and use it for some arts and crafts. At least get one more use out of it and then see if you can recycle.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
make comfortable chairs outta it.

Attachments

• chair.jpg
    chair.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 234