• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Water not ready warning on jf1631

jdwilliams1

Any thoughts on what might be causing a water not ready on my jf1631

Nothing has changed in the shop, I have replaced the water and coolant with no luck.

rjssigns

Not knowing anything about your particular unit won't stop me.LOL Sounds like a level sensor or possible a failed/failing pump not tripping a "make"(pressure) switch. Could be as simple as a fuse or machine needing a reset.

Always check the easy stuff first.

I used to build equipment for the paper and printing industry and the dumbest things would stop a machine in its tracks.

MixMaker

Make sure the pump is spinning first.

Also, Mimaki guidelines say to dump all the fluid every 6 months and the ratio is 2 parts water to 1 part antifreeze. The water will evaporate much quicker so you have to replace more water to keep the same ratio.

artbot

...sorry if this is a bit of a thread jack...

i have toshiba heads in a daytona that i'm installing. i read that it asks for deionized water (aka demineralized water) and glycol (antifreeze has glycol but seems like a strange substitute when straight glycols are available).

does the mimaki just request straight water, distilled water?

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Do not have to much glycol in the mixture or it does such a good job that the heads dont reach the required temp and it will not allow you to print. I have seen this happen before and it was a bugger to find the problem when everything apperas to be ok.
Tekkie1:smile: