• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Water Slide Decals

SlikGRFX

Another water slide decals question. I tried the search then spent 30 minutes reading an interesting thread about printing onto skateboard decks. Anyway...

We get requests for large orders (1000+) of waterslide decals for bicycle frames.

We have eco solvent, UV and thermal printers. Can we produce water slide decals in house with our equipment? If so, could you recommend a material or supplier?

Thanks, Owen

Signstein

There's an older thread about this:

Didn't sound like solvent ink played nicely with the water-based media. Maybe the UV ink would work better?

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
I've made a bunch in the past using both an HP laser printer and an Epson desktop printer. I'd have to dig for where I got the materials, but once printed they needed to be hit with a light coat of clear lacquer or they tended to bleed when put under the automotive clear that I was burying them with. Other than that they turned out just fine and could be contour cut and everything.

dweavers

I do ALOT of waterslide using eco solvent ink, Roland BN-20 I get my media from Dr Decal and Mr Hyde in Australia, 500mm wide roll x 30 mtrs, I beleave they now offer wider

Classic1935

Another water slide decals question. I tried the search then spent 30 minutes reading an interesting thread about printing onto skateboard decks. Anyway...

We get requests for large orders (1000+) of waterslide decals for bicycle frames.

We have eco solvent, UV and thermal printers. Can we produce water slide decals in house with our equipment? If so, could you recommend a material or supplier?

Thanks, Owen
Hi,

you can find waterslide media for laser printer at TheMagicTouch or at Forewer. I'm not sure if works with ecosolvent. We have all digital technologies in house (ecosolvent, UV, Thermaltransfer, latex, sublimation and pigment) but real hq waterslides we always make with screen printing., and we making a lot of them, more or less for the industry.

Lugsy63

I've been reading through this thread and I was wondering if it is at all possible to buy waterslide material on a roll. And is it compatible with UV printers?