• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Water Slide Decals

cptcorn

adad
I'm not sure of anyone who makes these.

If the order is large enough for your own information you can pick up an ALPS printer for ~$500. This seems to be the popular way to make them.

Pat Whatley

Don't know what kind of quantity you're looking for or how you're going to use them but I've got a customer who prints his own using a color laser printer and water slide decal paper.

cptcorn

adad
With laser you can only print on white media. With the ALPS printer you can print on clear, it uses thermal ribbons to print... pretty neat little machine.

OldPaint

With laser you can only print on white media. With the ALPS printer you can print on clear, it uses thermal ribbons to print... pretty neat little machine.
i got an ALPS MD1300, but there are no printer drives for XP or WIN 7.

artbot

i bought some to stick to acrylic. it falls off by just looking at it. maybe i did something wrong?

J

john1

Is the convex type material good for this? I'm not sure if the slides are made from low energy plastics but if so that should work.

Robert M

Aqua Print

Specialty Materials, maker of heat transfer products just came out with Aqua Print water transfer for glass and ceramics. You can use solvent or laser inks. It will air dry or you can bake it for better durability.

I have some samples coming but i have not seen them yet.

Decal Dude

I've got a couple Alps. Yes, they are a thermal printer however, they have "banding" issues that are irrepairable. As for Papillo, they have changed their "recipe" and have problems wit the ink adhereing to their product. They only guarentee it will work with one HP printer. We use to print THOUSANDS of them. I would advise steer elsewhere.

CentralSigns

I've probably sold about a couple dozen shower buddies. Never shower alone always have a buddy in the shower with you. Kind of a fad, we sold these life size prints of hot chicks or gents to attach to your shower wall. They held up good with premium wrap vinyl laminated. Can't you use that kind of material and pre-prep the surface with chemicals for better adhesion.

thewood

I've probably sold about a couple dozen shower buddies. Never shower alone always have a buddy in the shower with you. Kind of a fad, we sold these life size prints of hot chicks or gents to attach to your shower wall. They held up good with premium wrap vinyl laminated. Can't you use that kind of material and pre-prep the surface with chemicals for better adhesion.
:clapping::clapping: