• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Waterslide Decals with white

mpn

Does anyone make these type of decals? Need a small quantity of resto decals and do not want to mess with it. The print is white type with a blue outline.
Tried doing the print with our printers but the white is not dense enough for the end product.

OldPaint

i did a neihoff logo(automotive ignition parts)and it had a white area. since it was a restore project i "yellowed" the white..........part so it looks old instead of a stark white. made the water slide and it went on an orange cabinet.

Attachments

• neihoff.jpg
    neihoff.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 86

Jim Hill

Alps Printer

Finding someone with an Alps Printer would make this project an easy one since Alps Printers use a ribbon style print system that uses white ink and it's also waterproof ink.

I still have 3 or 4 old Alps Printers that had banding issues and I could not find anyone to repair them.

Alps made a wonderful printers for a few hundred dollars but stopped making them back around 20005

Jim Hill

OldPaint

and the DRIVERS for it.........dont go past WIN 95))))) so you need a computer that can run one)))
i think put mine in the trash can couple years ago.

Brink

How many and what size? I have white water slide media and can print blue on it. Would that work or is clear part of the design?

mpn

How many and what size? I have white water slide media and can print blue on it. Would that work or is clear part of the design?

Clear is needed to match the original.

Attachments

• Triumph Decal.jpg
    Triumph Decal.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 88

OldPaint

clear is for the background ONLY??? text would be WHITE LETTERS BLUE OUTLINED? so where is your problem?? like i said in my earlier post.......about the neihoff logo. only reason i did the water slide .....as its was what was ORIGINALLY DONE... i gather the rectangle is the water slide.......ok..........getting the text with a blue outline is eazy on a regular printer.....instead of using pure white as the TRIUMPH word go to your color pick a light blue..........for the fill(what you want as white)take it as far as you can to a WHITE......with a slight blue "tint". DONE

mpn

I understand how to print it. My problem is recreating an exact waterslide decal not a vinyl recreation. It's hard to see the variation between the actual decal and the backer but it's there.
Apparently this is the only version of this exact decal left.

Attachments

• Triumph Decal.jpg
    Triumph Decal.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Untitled-9.jpg
    Untitled-9.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 102

OldPaint

to get that.....as per #1 picture.......with a little of the waterslide all the way around... after you produce the printed on water slide AND CLEAR COAT with krylon clear, let it dry and then YOU will have to use an exacto knife and cut that outside RED line.

Attachments

• Triumph Decal.jpg
    Triumph Decal.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 105

mpn

to get that.....as per #1 picture.......with a little of the waterslide all the way around... after you produce the printed on water slide AND CLEAR COAT with krylon clear, let it dry and then YOU will have to use an exacto knife and cut that outside RED line.

Old Paint, we do not have the correct printers for printing on the waterside material, unless I'm missing the eco solvent printable material. Clearing & cutting is not the problem. I'm leaning towards screen printing them here if I have to.

OldPaint