• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Waterslide Decals...

cptcorn

adad
Does anyone know if there is a material you could run through the Gerber Edge that is like the small model decal type stuff?

I'm not a fan of desktop inkjet printers.

3dsignco

I have seen all types of Carrier sheets but none of them are punched.. I think you will have a hard time finding that as I really don't think they even make it that way..

cptcorn

adad
I'm trying to restore the gauge cluster in my 46 ford. White on clear isnt clear enough, and the actual detail, is too detailed to cut... Hrmmmm

Marlene

are you looking for clear decal material? if you go to "output all" and click on the "123" icon, there's a bar between "settings" and "targets" click on substitute and then vinyl. in the list, there are 1 mil label stocks and ultr LS at 1 mil. those might be what you are looking for

cptcorn

adad
are you looking for clear decal material? if you go to "output all" and click on the "123" icon, there's a bar between "settings" and "targets" click on substitute and then vinyl. in the list, there are 1 mil label stocks and ultr LS at 1 mil. those might be what you are looking for

Clear vinyl is still too thick... you can easily see micro bubbles after its applied...the only thing I've used that creates an acceptable finish is the waterside type material... That 1 mil stuff might still be too thick... hrmmmm

TresL

I used some sheet water slide material with an ALPS a long time ago.
But, it came in roll form as well.

I'll see if i still have any sheets left.

3dsignco

Cpt,

I forgot about this.. Get a sheet of the water slide decal material and Tape all the way around some punched material the run it through your edge.. Just have your edge set for thick material.

Had to do that before on some stuff.. Was many years ago on a edge 1

American & Proud

I have made a few for vintage Delta woodworking machine decals for restorations, they turn out great, but I have only used a HP photo desktop printer to do them. A few guys on an old woodworking forum I visit have vectorized a bunch of these old decals from other manufacurers as well. They really add to a machines restoration.

Auto retoration shops replicate decals too.

You can buy it in clear or white. There is a spray clear coat as well.

Attachments

• delta_quality.jpg
    delta_quality.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 94
  • delta_milwaukee_wings_am.jpg
    delta_milwaukee_wings_am.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 94

2Piece

water slide decals

I've been searching religiously on how to make these, but cant find any solid info.

It is a pretty involved process, you can either make them screen printing or making negatives used for flexo printing.
I would stay away from the rub on decal sheets you run through an inkjet printer, they have a clear carrier sheet. I use to make them but sold all my equipment, I will PM you with someone that can make them for you.
Hope this helps.

cptcorn

adad
Silk screen the dial face like it was originally. The water slides will turn yellow and fall off.

I would clear over everything...

To be completely honest I'm actually wanting to do a few different methods and see which holds up the best.

Bill Modzel

The Imagecast is twice as thick as the .001" poly. So if thickness is really an issue, that won't do it for you.

We have screen printed waterslide decals in the past but it's a real labor intensive job with 3 or 4 separate hits of clear along with the actual color prints. Unless your producing
a batch of them, it's hardly worth it.

I've thought about attaching the water slide paper to a carrier sheet like Bill D. but have never followed through. If someone can get it to work I'd love to hear about it too.

cptcorn

adad
Inkjet Water Slide, Dry Transfer, Screen Print, Vinyl (Digital print), Vinyl (thermal print) ... That covers 5 different ways. Will be cool to see everything next to each other.