• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wavy Color

struthmuffin

Hey everyone, really stumped on this... weve replaced dampers, nozzle check is fine, using a second set of inks now, tried messing with the heats, its happening on multiple materials... the black and yellow seem to be ok, but solid blocks of the cyan and magenta we seem to be having a lot of inconsistency.

I really hope you can see it in the attached picture, its a lot more noticeable in person. Its like peaks and valleys of solid color fading in and out. Its not banding, we have tried different pass settings as well. Everything else looks great untill we get into something with this sort of solid.

Any questions I can answer to help please let me know.. really hoping someone knows what to do!!!
(Its a mimaki jv33-160 approx 2 yrs old.)

Attachments

• IMG_20140311_172614.jpg
    IMG_20140311_172614.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 64

ReadyCut Print

Similar issue in the past with CJV30-130

I think you are describing the same issue I 've seen with my CJV 30-130 when printing on 230 gsm art paper. I see that you have experienced it across media and have looked at heat settings, so I thought I'd weigh in with my 2 cents worth. I am in no way an expert, only had my Mimaki for 2 years and still very much learning on the job.

The "fading" appeared the same as you have described and was typically in one area of the print...towards the right-hand side over an unoccupied exposed roller. It only seemed to affect blocked tones.

My solution was to be sure that the media didn't stay loaded while manipulating the graphics...so it didn't "slow cook" before print other than the necessary pre-print settings.

I'm not sure if this will help much but my observations as a total newbie to this are that leaving the media on or even running larger prints one after the other was heating the media more than once and causing the imperfections.

I'm sure that more experienced Mimaki followers can set me straight or add to the discussion in a helpful way.

struthmuffin

interesting... thanks for the reply! Ill have a look to see.. not sure if thats the problem, I feel like it happened on a freshly loaded roll but not positive about that. I will keep an eye on that! Hopefully I can solve it sometime soon, its been a real issue.