• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wavy Pattern in Banner

StarSign

I loaded my L25500 today and the first banner out of the shoot i get this wavy pattern for the first few feet? Any ideas.

Attachments

• Wavy Banner.jpg
    Wavy Banner.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 71

Freese

Yep, it's the coating on the banner material. Doesn't react well with the latex ink.

Don't want to assume anything but is it some vendor's economy vinyl?

Try Grimco's key banner, works great.

dypinc

Yep, it's the coating on the banner material. Doesn't react well with the latex ink.

Don't want to assume anything but is it some vendor's economy vinyl?

Try Grimco's key banner, works great.

That is the pattern from you pinch rollers that happens on some material. Try turning you dry temps down a little. And, it usually shows up a the beginning of printing which leads me to think that the pinch rollers get heated a little more and some vinyl or coatings react this way.

ForgeInc

That is the pattern from you pinch rollers that happens on some material. Try turning you dry temps down a little. And, it usually shows up a the beginning of printing which leads me to think that the pinch rollers get heated a little more and some vinyl or coatings react this way.

This.

dypinc

Are the pinch rollers in the L26500 designed with the same pattern? Never could quite figure out why HP designed them that way. Of course with some material, where the pressure is applied and not there would probably still be marks.

signswi

They're designed that way to help prevent the material from walking. Turn your heat down, try different banner material. We mostly use Ultraflex Jetflex & Ultrabanner.

signswi

Then it's just a matter of heat. Turn down the cure temperature 10 degrees at a time until the pattern goes away but the ink is still curing. Every location is different, the default canned profile settings are set in lab conditions. You do have the profiles provided by Ultraflex, right?

StarSign

Yes running the Ultraflex Profiles, the funny thing is it only happens on the first 10" of the very first print.

Suz

Hi Star,
Oh boy does this look familiar! Been dealing with the wavy thing too, but it is getting better as I change my profiles. I thought I had defective banner materials at first, but I just needed to get the right settings. It was also recommended to me that I should advance material a bit if it had been sitting under the heat for too long.
Did you figure it out yet? Hope so!