• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wavy window perf when printing

Josh Kuper

Printing solid black on window perf, we have an HP latex 115 and we have our normal Perf Profile set up but this one isn't working for us. I can't find any topics to help, we reduced the heat and bumped up the vacuum but it gets wavy in the middle then the heads touch and scrapes the print, any ideas.

Attachments

• 20211109_111423.jpg
    20211109_111423.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,292
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 168

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Add some tension to it so it's being pulled down. More vacuum and even less heat.
Change to a different brand.

Steenland

Old Member
I had a heck of a time trying to get perf through our Latex 365 without scuffs in the curing area. More vacuum and less heat definitely helped, but what finally worked was adding the counterweights to the back of the take-up reel. I've found that if the media skew is not absolutely perfect (and it never is), the media can't roll perfectly flat onto the take-up reel, and the resulting wave backs up into the curing area. Using the counter weights to relieve some of the tension helped a lot.

Z SIGNS

If you can't figure it out keep the roll anyhow. Save it. Design and sell a grunge design where it doesn't matter.

Attachments

• onebrush.png
    onebrush.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 126
Add some tension to it so it's being pulled down. More vacuum and even less heat.
Change to a different brand.

Ugh, ruined many a window perf prints. Finally have had consistent runs with Briteline 65/35 and 50/50 using generic vinyl profile or HP One View Perforated Graphics. HP 570 is our workhorse.

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
Printing solid black on window perf, we have an HP latex 115 and we have our normal Perf Profile set up but this one isn't working for us. I can't find any topics to help, we reduced the heat and bumped up the vacuum but it gets wavy in the middle then the heads touch and scrapes the print, any ideas.
The proper solution is to quit HP Latex altogether. I know no one wants to hear it though ... Latex requires a decent amount of heat to dry, perf hates heat while printing, there's no perfect solution here.

Precision

We had the same problem with our HP Latex 360, using Briteline. Switched to General Formulations Windowmark 70/30. Our perf jobs have been great ever since we changed.