• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Wax on a Wrap

DoubleDiamond

Our most recent wraps are for some personal trainers and they use their trucks for daily drivers and asked about both wax and a spray can type ceramic coating. I think but don't know that both are OK, but rather than assume I'd like to give them a for sure answer. A local radio station we did went and had their wrap professionally ceramic coated and it worked and looks great. I can't think of a reason wax can hurt, right?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Yup, you can use waxes and ceramic coatings on wraps. Two things to keep in mind, one is with wax, use a non abrasive, non petroleum base. The other is they work well on gloss, but can cause problems on matte or flat finishes. Vinyls today are pretty resilient until they age out, and you can extend their life by protecting them with waxes and ceramic as long as you don't wait till they're failing or fading to do it.