Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Way to smooth vectored images all at once?

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by The Phranc, Mar 29, 2011.

1. The Phranc

The Phranc Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Had a lady stop in yesterday who used Corel and while I was smoothing out a scanned signature for a race car she mentioned how she had a tool in Corel that would have smooth out the jagged pixel lines in one fell swoop instead of how I was doing it a section at a time with the 'optimize by curve' tool.

Is there a tool in Flexi 8.6 that does that and I'm not seeing it or maybe some kind of plug in?

Tags:
  2. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Select everything with the point selection tool and use reduce points

3. ionsigns

ionsigns Member

Feb 17, 2011
    If the original signature was created on coated stock or non-porous surface with a Sharpie® that has the tip "blunted" then SCAN at 300/600 dpi TIFF then the convert-to-vector will not pixelate anyway.

GO LARGE or go HOME jagged.

4. The Phranc

The Phranc Member

Dec 15, 2010
    That worked pretty good for the long sweeping parts but it killed some of the smaller details changing the shape. Looks like I'll just have to clean some of it by hand than reduce points.

Thanks.