• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wayfinding ADA Examples

dlndesign

I was wondering if there is a good resource for ideas out there for ADA and Wayfinding solutions. Just looking for a blog or a good portfolio to get some ideas off of, anyone have a good resource?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
What is the project? Hospital, mall, office, exterior, interior?

There are books that would probably help if you are interested in that...

dlndesign

Rick I actually looked up some old posts and have seen your book list. I am actually looking for web examples, don't have the cash to spend at the moment for books. So if you know of any, shoot 'em my way. Thanks.

CES020

Google images, scroll. I find a lot of people do not post their work on ADA and wayfinding online. I suspect it's for fear people will copy their ideas. I know I don't have any ADA signs on our site, but I did get a call from a local sign company asking me if I could send them some photos of my work so they could put them on their website so they could sell ADA signs :doh:

Rick

Are you looking for examples for what type of facility? or are you just looking for information.

MikePro

If u can make it, Googleimages is a good resource... its not copyright if your not sellinf the pox bit your client jus the only one you'll disappoint if u can't delivery

signswi

Flickr is also a great inspiration source, an easy visual way to search it is compfight.com

Additionally create a saved search on Twitter for Wayfinding and a lot of interesting things will come across that stream. A Google Alert isn't a bad idea either.

MikePro

holy crap i hate my "smart phone"... lol
thinking i was meaning to say that other people's pictures are a good example but a proper selling tool would be that of your own work. regardless, if you provide pictures of any kind... better make sure you can deliver the same quality or you're going to have a very unhappy client.

signswi

Showing pictures of another companies work is a bad idea unless it's explicit that it's part of a "mood board". Even so I'd be extremely hesitant.

GB2

Old Member
What is the project? Hospital, mall, office, exterior, interior?

There are books that would probably help if you are interested in that...

Rick, I haven't seen the book list and I searched but did not come across it. Could you post a link to the thread that contained it?

Rick

Rick, I haven't seen the book list and I searched but did not come across it. Could you post a link to the thread that contained it?

Here is a partial list....

Signage Systems and Information Graphics: A Professional Sourcebook by Andreas Uebele
Signage and Wayfinding Design: A Complete Guide to Creating Environmental Graphic Design Systems by Chris Calori
The Wayfinding Handbook: Information Design for Public Places by David Gibson
Designing and Planning Environmental Graphics-Wayne Hunt,Gerry Rosentswieg
Urban Entertainment Graphics: Theme Parks & Entertainment Environments-Wayne Hunt
Environmental Graphics: Projects & Process: Projects & Process-Wayne Hunt
Wayfinding: Designing and Implementing Graphic Navigational Systems-Craig Berger
Architectural Signing and Graphics-John Follis,Dave Hammer
City Signs: Innovative Urban Graphics-Gail Deibler Finke
Urban Identities by Gail Deibler Finke
Festival Graphics by Gail Deibler Finke
You Are Here: Graphics That Direct, Explain & Entertain-Gail Deibler Finke
This Way Please - Wang Shaoqiang
Wayfinding for Health Care: Best Practices for Today's Facilities - Randy Cooper
Wayfinding and Signage: Construction and Design Manual - Philipp Meuser Daniela Pogade

On what DINDY is asking, it's anyones guess... the question is so vague and basic it would take months to decipher or he can actually reveal more info... and there are hundreds of blogs, and sites on ADA and wayfinding... there are also bid and sign packages online to download and study and there are specialties for wayfinding, code info...is it actual wayfinding or just ADA signs/information? Is he looking for system signage like Insignia posted or examples of built signage... I'm not about to post every friggin link I have...NIMROD! :ROFLMAO: