• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

We need an updated "show us your shop" thread

Brandon708

Eat your heart out boys! This is my sweet setup. 72,000 square inches of sign shop heaven.
There is an upstairs but it's a little messy right now.

(If you have OCD you should probably refrain from enlarging the thumbnail.... you might have a seizure)

Who cares if your shop looks like an episode of Hoarders as long as you keep producing those pieces of art.:thumb:

HulkSmash

Eat your heart out boys! This is my sweet setup. 72,000 square inches of sign shop heaven.

(If you have OCD you should probably refrain from enlarging the thumbnail.... you might have a seizure)

beautiful.

iSign

careful though...
that little rag with the linseed oil on it?
no, that other one.. the little one? Back there?
that should be put away dude... :wink:

Who cares if your shop looks like an episode of Hoarders as long as you keep producing those pieces of art.:thumb:

+1

signmeup

Some of the posted shops are very impressive indeed. I'd need a pickup truck to get from one side to the other in some of those shops! They're frikken HUGE! How do you guys find anything?

AUTO-FX

I dont have much space here, basically two rooms and a hallway(substrate storage facility!).We have a walkout basement, so that's where I "live". Nothing fancy. It's tax time, so I've got paperwork spread out on the laminating/layout/pool table right now!

Attachments

• myworkspace 002.jpg
    myworkspace 002.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 100
  • myworkspace 003.jpg
    myworkspace 003.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 82
  • myworkspace 004.jpg
    myworkspace 004.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 84
  • myworkspace 006.jpg
    myworkspace 006.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 75
  • myworkspace 001.jpg
    myworkspace 001.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 77

SignManiac

Nice looking shop Signmaniac, I'm surprised there's no coroplast helicopters or Polymetal sailboats under construction in the back...

I really do want to start another project but it may end up being one of our busiest years ever. Hopefully, we can find some spare time to have some fun!

Heres some shots of some our main production tools and some of our workspace....

Yep everything is real tight for space... We still cram it all in and get it all out...

The entire building is 25,000 s/f of which we occupy only about 9Ks/f of...

Attachments

• prepress.jpg
    prepress.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 66
  • lx800.jpg
    lx800.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 76
  • jeti.jpg
    jeti.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 76
  • production1.jpg
    production1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 64
  • neschen.jpg
    neschen.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 68
  • zund.jpg
    zund.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 64
  • xlqsr.jpg
    xlqsr.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 86
  • substrate bay.jpg
    substrate bay.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 79
  • thetank.jpg
    thetank.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 72
  • ripstation.jpg
    ripstation.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 73
  • myoffice.jpg
    myoffice.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 76
  • qsrfront.jpg
    qsrfront.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

SignManiac

Adrian I'm kind of jealous. Your shop brings back memories of my first 800 s.f. shop. It was nice and comfy compared to today. Easier to clean up a smaller space!

signmeup

Adrian I'm kind of jealous. Your shop brings back memories of my first 800 s.f. shop. It was nice and comfy compared to today. Easier to clean up a smaller space!
(It's 72,000 square inches Bob.) It has it's advantages. I can flick the paint off my brush onto the floor if I dip it too deep. Or scrape the crap off my putty knife on the edge of the tablesaw. Some of the shops posted here I would have to go outside to sand HDU or spray laquer on something. And welding and grinding?... fogedaboutit. I can cuss, fart or spit on the floor in my shop. Then again, sometimes I have to take stuff outside to turn it around and bring it back in to work on the other side.

Letterbox Mike

Nice Merritt, I always wondered what it looked like inside your facility. I'll bet that 9k s.f. feels pretty small, I'm actually really surprised you can crank out any volume at all, that's cramped for a grand format operation!

Nice Merritt, I always wondered what it looked like inside your facility. I'll bet that 9k s.f. feels pretty small, I'm actually really surprised you can crank out any volume at all, that's cramped for a grand format operation!

We do manage.. Just like if we were in Manhattan NYC with space being issue.....I have a warehouse 2 miles away that we keep media in as well as 2 40' x 80' bays there to do installs and certain welding and big finishing needs. We have a lot of room at this facility just also needed by our small format division and logistics also....

We do make it work and keep pumping it out as well as keep on taking space at this facility as needed.