• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

We need some non-sign help

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelswork

Hey all! Just your friendly signage installer here and what I am about to do is really hard for me. I need your help!

My wife and I are adopting two little fellas from Eastern Europe...both have down syndrome! The country we are adopting from does its best but at the age of 4-5, special needs children are sent to mental institutions....most die within 6 months after transfer from mental anguish. This country is changing its adoption laws this summer, which will be good for future adoptions but the way it is shaping up, will kinda throw the current special needs kids under the bus (it's all politics to the politicians but we have a heart for these little fellas). This has caused our case to get pushed through immigration a lot faster than we expected and we are now looking to travel in may! The problem lies in the funding...it is 4-6 months less than we thought.

This is the hard part of asking you to help us out! We have started a $5 donation drive and are asking everyone we know to donate and spread the drive to people you know (through facebook, myspace, the pta, nra, wwf...whatever), to help bring these boys home! Our story, and the boys can be found on our blog at www.adoptingourfirst.blogspot.com Project 5 buck is there too, it all goes through paypal if you click the chipin fund and it goes directly to our sponsor page at the advocacy group (501c3 and it is tax deductable...reecesrainbow.org/sponsorgolden)

thank you all for all of your previous help and I hope you will consider helping us out here too!

Joel Golden

Attachments

• boys pic.jpg
    boys pic.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:

joelswork

Thanks, We are 35 years old with no children...been married 16 years now and this is by far the most emotional thing we have ever done....thanks!

If anyone wants to know what the mental institutes are like, this was filmed in a neighboring country which has much better conditions....we need to save these kids! (notice the zip tied hands and feet to the cribs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1kbayAdlgg

joelswork

I can't thank ya'll enough! your donations and prayers are an answer to prayer....ya'll made my eyes sweat, this process has produced more tear in 4 months than my 34.5 previous years...and we don't even have them here yet! Again, thank you...from both of us!

joelswork

Please remember to pass this along through myspace, emails, facebook, etc.....What an amazing group of people we have here!

joelswork

Well....I don't know what to say here! We are so thankfull! Just today...with the help from you all and others, we have raised over $750 in less than 24 hours! We are over 3% of the remaining costs! Again, thank you and please keep posting/asking your friends to help!

Bigdawg

Just Me
Bump for those on here at night. $5 ain't nothing these days all by its' little self. But all those $5 together can change a life - or four lives in this case. Definitely worth giving up a latte' or eating leftovers for lunch instead of KFC for a day...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Okay ... I guess I'm going to be the Grinch here but I'm closing this thread. Joel's requests may be completely legitimate and I respect his decision to pursue these adoptions.

However ...

• This thread was not authorized by me or any other Admin at Signs 101.
  • The particulars of this thread have in no way been verified.
  • We have never in the nine years that Signs 101 has been around had a member initiate a donation drive and, as such, have never had to post a rule about it. Now we have one. No member is allowed to seek out donations for any purpose without first obtaining permission from the management of Signs 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.