• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

web site cost

slappy

Is there anything that doesn't totally suck that is somewhat workable for $50? I haven't played the website game as far as setting one up since the late 90's, and back then I can't even remember what I was using...something Adobe. I'd like to do SOMETHING with my space other than just have a few pictures on it that looks like someone at least spent a day or so working on it. I guess I need to go shop for something. If it sucks, then I got what I paid for.

I first got WebEasy6. I didn't know a bunch about sites, but that was pretty simple. When i went to upload, GoDaddy answered all my questions on it for uploading it to the server.

There's 120+ templates, a search engine optimization tool and it was pretty simple actually. It was pre laid out so it was only a matter of putting your text in and uploading photos to it.

At least your not paying someone to host it every month or pay to upload new photos, but your not going to have all the bells and whistles as what you would paying someone for a custom site.

Hope this helps:thumb:

lknmedia

So true LOL. Guess it goes for any industry.

Then they all complain when THEIR customers want something for nothing as well. :)

If you just want a WEBSITE .. then get a cheap hosting package ... install Wordpress and go to themeforest.net and pay 45 bucks for a template.

If you want a WEB PRESENCE ... then hire a reputable marketing/design firm and have them help you develop a strategy, build and market your business on the Internet.

VinylLabs.com

Darn- to think I've spent 15 years honing the craft, hiring half a dozen of designers, interface designers, content managers, copywriters and an SEO guy - and I could have done it an evening! What a waste of time!:banghead:

OK, that was only minor sarcasm.... Just find it a little tough to swallow that you'd be building anything other than a tool to hurt your business, rather than help it, if you plan on doing it after 'spending an evening'.

Still always strikes me as ironic that it's okay to drop 40 grand on a digital printer, but 5 grand to market it is too much to spend.

hey, the guy wanted a simple page, if he does not want to spend the money on it, he's welcome to try; I see posts like this all the time on these forums "my client went with a cheaper option and it blew up in their face, now they are back with me, lol!!"

I know, I've spent years with graphic design, UI/UX and typography (I'm not really a developer, more designer, I have my own programmers)

but there are tools out there that make this fairly n00b-friendly.

I'm in the EXACT opposite boat as 90% of you. I'm a web designer getting into the sign business, and I'm doing it half-assed (cannot afford to just jump into it) so I'm doing everything el-cheapo. I'm sure I have more then quite a few people here roll their eyes at some of my posts, but It's how I learn.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
there are always going to be people selling websites for an extremely cheap amount. Most of the time they use a single template, throw a few new graphics in it change colors and poof new site. Either that or they use that $10 "flash website made easy" software at Office Despot and give you the most unelegant and code hacked site ever. Main reason why I don't do web design anymore. I have a guy I outsource to that works for a decent amount and loves to code.

signmeup

Is there anything that doesn't totally suck that is somewhat workable for $50? I haven't played the website game as far as setting one up since the late 90's, and back then I can't even remember what I was using...something Adobe. I'd like to do SOMETHING with my space other than just have a few pictures on it that looks like someone at least spent a day or so working on it. I guess I need to go shop for something. If it sucks, then I got what I paid for.
Download the trial version of Xara Design Pro 6.