Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

website coffeecup.com ecommerce

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by normana61, Feb 19, 2011.

1. normana61

normana61 Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Has anyone used coffeecup.com for an ecommerce site in the past ? I am wondering if their is an easier option for the do-it-yourself.

i have different products in different sizes so i would need something like

( example : item # 222 sm 9.99, med 10.99, lg 12.99, xl 14.00, xxl 16.00

do i have a limit to sizes and prices ?

thanks for your help,
    normana61

Tags:
  2. Fanaticus

Fanaticus Member

Jan 19, 2011
    I don't use it, but my BRIEF glance at it says it looks ok for small volume, meaning you don't have thousands of items you're going to sell.

Most shopping carts allow some form of "options" pallet to give buyers.

Do they host the cart, or do you need to host it yourself?

If you ever plan on having hundreds or thousands of items you're going to want to make sure you can upload CSV files or other "bulk" systems. Otherwise you'll be in hell with creating items one at a time.

3. bayshorecreations

bayshorecreations Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2007
    NJ
    I have multiple websites, host them with bluehost and use Magento for my cart. Takes a little learning to get used to but works well.

4. webguru

webguru Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Indiana
    You have to host it yourself, I also do not think it has options built in.

Why not try CubeCart or Zencart?

5. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Most web hosting companies have built in features for e-carts like zencart etc. You might have to pay a little more to get that service versus just the basic web hosting service, but it is available.

Coffee cup does have a shopping cart module, but it doesn't allow for custom templates on their own and you don't have much custom ability with the options for the individual listings.