Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website different without www`

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by Pat Whatley, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Can somebody explain this to me?

I'm working on the website for the music festival I help plan. It's only my second website so bear with me. I'm using Adobe Muse.

I'm having problems with the site after it's uploaded. Check these two links:
    http://www.riverandblues.net
    http://riverandblues.net/

The pages are different, the twitter tab comes and goes.

It's on muse file, I've saved it and exported the HTML a dozen times tonight. I've completely deleted the entire site and started over and I'm still gettting the same issue.

The ARTS page is the same. The "frame and ribbon" isn't supposed to be there. I DELETED THE DAMN FILE FROM MY COMPUTER. Somehow the image is getting linked back but it's not showing in my asset folder.

Anybody got a clue how to make these match?
    http://riverandblues.net/contact.html
    http://www.riverandblues.net/contact.html

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    Tags:
  2. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    They look the same here, clear your cookies and history. If you're using chrome this is a problem once in awhile and they actually have released some notes on this stating they have yet to figure out where the problem starts with.

Open on a different device you'll see. Here they look exactly the same, twitter works.

3. laserline

laserline Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Canada
    Both pages appear the same. I'm viewing them in Safari 6.0.

4. Pat Whatley

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Clearing my cache/cookies fixed it, dangit.

I've been sitting here FOREVER trying to fix something that wasn't broke.

Thanks for the help. I got the right answer here before the Adobe help desk ever got to me.

5. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    Good luck with getting support from Adobe concerning Muse. That's like trying to get the cable company to give you a straight answer.

6. Pat Whatley

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    I get the feeling they're going to drop muse. They've dumped the forum and you have to dig on the website to find it.

7. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    Wouldn't surprise me, but would be disappointing because I feel the software has a lot of potential if they put some damn work into it!

8. john1

john1 Guest

Looks all the same here, I love Muse. I used it to build my new site and it has everything you could want. You can even put in SEO without a issue in each page.

9. DKgrafix

DKgrafix Very Active Member

BTW, change your page names, "Home" will not help you with Google at all.
    Search engines look at the page names, try naming every page with something meaningful and something that could be searched for when searching through Google or any other search engine.

10. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    Since when? It's right here :

http://forums.adobe.com/community/muse

I have found some old links that link to an older location of the forum that's not supported any more, but this one is out of the developer area and into the main forum area with all the adobe products.

Also, that used to be a very common problem. You actually had to setup your preferences in your control panel in your hosting account whether or not you wanted to use the www or not. Over the years, it's looking like that's all blended together now, so it's not the issue it used to be.

11. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN

I can't really imagine that. If they did that would leave only 2 program left as a perk for getting the Creative Cloud (Acrobat XI and Lightroom). You do have the services as well, but I'm just sticking with the programs.

12. DKgrafix

DKgrafix Very Active Member

Wrong thread :(

13. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Redirect one to the other, set the one you want to use as canonical. Set it as preferred in WMT.

It's not well understood outside of developer circles but www. is a subdomain like any other subdomain and gets treated as such unless you set up redirects and canonicals. The WMT trick is just helpful for controlling indexation.