• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wedding runners

Pat Whatley

I've got a florist shop that has me do them a couple of times a month. The vast majority of what they bring me are pre-made plastic runners. The plastic is ridiculously thin, almost like those disposable picnic table cloths. We put a 36" tall vinyl initial on them. I assume the material is so cheap because they're used for 10 minutes, nobody really notices them and then they get trashed.

They've brought us a few that were on nylon runners with decorative fringe. Those, too, got vinyl graphics.

The ones we've completely printed for them because they needed a pattern or larger graphics (including a family crest that had a dead pig on it) we just ran on 10 ounce banner material and left the edges unfinished.

Runners are nothing but another way to needlessly throw money at a wedding....but hey, if they're throwing it your way then they are a needed accessory.

On a side note here's a link to a website that makes custom fabric ones that have non-slip backings and are custom painted. The interesting part to me was that they actually show uses for them after the bondage ceremony. http://originalrunners.com/after-event.htm

copythat

Thanks Pat

I also seen her on Shark Tank. Customer wants to offer it as part of the package they sell for wedding ceremonies at her location. She is looking for 3½ wide material so the paper idea would of worked... Going to try and sell her on banner material.

Thanks again!

signswi

Use a printable fabric, banner material is too cheap looking. So is paper. So is that thin plastic crap. This is for weddings.