• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weeding problems

Pris1957

Just bought a graphtec5000-60 plotter and having problems with the letters pulling up when I weed. I have adjusted knive depth,force and speed. Can't seem to get it right. Very frustrating. I have many layouts to cut and weed and I need some help with the settings. I am cutting vector vinyl for indoor use.
New to the forum. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me

401Graphics

blade is dull, or it could be the crap vector vinyl your using. I have used it before and i remember it sucked for weeding cuz the adhesive was too gummy. Try some oracal.

Jillbeans

I'm thinking dull blade also, or needs more force.
I've only cut Oracal, Gerber, and Calon 2 with mine.
I've only changed my blade once in two years, also.
Love....Jill

Sign-Man Signs

Settings

Here ya go. Works fine for me. Same cutter.

Attachments

• Graphtec CE5000-60 Settings.jpg
    Graphtec CE5000-60 Settings.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 112

Pris1957

Oh thank you so much!!! This has been so frustrating. I have tons of layouts to cut and weed and very little time to do it in. So your help is much appreciated:)

sinetist

I'm using the same settings as sign man signs has pictured right now but the force is usually a bit lower when I put a new blade in or higher if I'm cutting reflective or other thicker vinyls and of course the quality of the vinyl will make a difference.

MikeD

perform a test-cut to ensure you have the proper settings for your blade in regard to where it's at in it's life- still sharp, or getting dull. Make sure you have the right offset value for that particular blade as well.
talk with your media provider to make sure you are buying the right material for your application. There are many types of release liners available. One variable that may be affecting your job is the bond between the vinyl/adhesive and the liner. for big jobs a liner with "free release" (more silicone) may be perfect, while jobs with lots of small parts and text with internals may be easier to process on a vinyl that has a hard release (less silicone)
Good Luck!