• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weighted banners?

Signed Out

Have a customer requesting a banner that is weighted at the bottom. I suggested a pole pocket and wood pole to slide in the bottom. They said the ones they had gotten in the past had something sewn into the bottom hem that weighted it, she wasn't sure what it is. Anybody have an idea of what it might be. They don't have a sample to show me either.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Have a customer requesting a banner that is weighted at the bottom. I suggested a pole pocket and wood pole to slide in the bottom. They said the ones they had gotten in the past had something sewn into the bottom hem that weighted it, she wasn't sure what it is. Anybody have an idea of what it might be. They don't have a sample to show me either.

What kinda banner needs to have weight in the bottom ?? If it's being hung, any amount of weight, won't do a thing. If this is to take out curl for a display, then use a non-curling media. If people are marching with it in a parade or whatever, use a pole pocket and shove small chain link in there and close up the ends, so it doesn't slide out.

Andy D

We use electrical conduit pipe closed in a pole pocket,
not only to weigh it but to keep the bottom edge ridged.

Moze

Same, EMT works well and is inexpensive. Just be sure to measure the diameter..."inch and a quarter" is actually about 1½" OD.