• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WEIRD BANDING while printing

sunset signs

I already cleaned the printer a couple times. Including that see through wheel on the left side of the printer. Printed better for a couple days and now the banding is back. Anyone knows what I should do?
(the banding results in washed out colors in some spots - red becomes orange, gray becomes light green etc etc)

formanek

I have been having the same issues for about a month. So far warranty has included new pf encoder disk, pf motor and belt, pf encoder reader and carriage bearings. Some of it was some vertical banding issues too. Very frustrating. I am now printing and sending examples to Mutoh directly as Fellers has already sent a guy here to MN from Utah.

To a PF adjust first as that should be within 1 mm. Then check your bi di lineups or try a print with a non bi directional profile and see if the same issue exists.

Good luck. I am nearly ready to send mine out the second story sliding glass door by "accident.":toasting: