• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird Clicking Noise

I've been printing all day with no problems, took a lunch and back to the shop - started a print and the printer makes a clicking noise as the head travels back and forth on the track. Sounds like it would if a something was stuck on the bearings/rollers but i've checked the four outer ones (top & bottom on both sides) and both are clean, as is the track - cleaned it for good measure, still making the noise. I don't want to take the cover off the head to investigate further since this thing is under warranty.

Anyone else had issues similar to this?

visiongfx

See if there is adhesive residue stuck to the bottom of the material clamp. I have had that happen when printing on arlon dpf8000.

MacDaddy

Check The Raceway & Bearings for debris or damage... Clean and lubricate if needed... It should move from right to left with no impeadance. If it does, this must be corrected, call your dealer...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The clicking is probably the pair of flat cables and metal spring assembly that uncoils out of the metal trough under the top cover as the carriage moves. There's a number of ties around this assembly, each with a small bit of foam pad to protect the cables. The ties can brush the edges of the trough and make that annoying clicking sound.

Remove the right end cover, the switch panel cover, the door assembly, and the top cover. In that order. Slide the head carriage back and forth and see if this assembly isn't hitting the sides of the trough.

pasigndesign

Check the wheel on the Y motor and see if it is spinnin freely on the shaft of the motor. Had the same problem and thought it was the carriage and it wasn't. The sound echoes through the umbilical