• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird error message in PhotoShop..all you experts please help.

threeputt

Tried opening a file sent to me by client. It's a one meg .tif file.

In PhotoShop an error message pops up that says, "could not open because an unexpected end of file was encountered."

Haven't seen this one before. I've got an old version of PS. (7.0) Is this the problem? (I know, I know, I'm going to upgrade to CS3)

Or does it have to do with the file somehow?

I can send this file if someone thinks they'd like to try and open it.

Thanks

GK

send it to me, but usually when you get this the file is unfortunately beyond repair. Sometimes bad caused by drive errors, restarting the comp while Photoshop has the file open, or saving directly to USB drives (packet loss occurs sometimes)

Bigdawg

Just Me
What George said... most times that's the kiss of death for a photoshop file. When it saved it didn't write properly.

Once in a blue moon you can do a "open as" and the file wll open, but it is usually corrupted in some manner.

Rooster

Sometimes you can place the file into another application and then convert it backwards to overcome minor corruptions. You'll lose any editable layers and such with this method though.

Most of the time you're hooped.