• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird order scam? Anyone ever have something like this before?

I got a lead through my website from someone I've never dealt with. The spiel is they need some banners, ok we quote on it they want to go with option 2 and then they send us this weird logistics company that they want us to use to ship it to fairfield alaska get a quote from them and then send me a bill for the entire amount including shipping and I'll pay it. We are Canadian based so thats weird first off. I go check the website (jwlogisticservice.com ) and see its supposedly located in Pennsylvania. So I google map it and street view and its shipyard. Not whatever this website purports to be. I look further, there is Turkey area code number for contact in one spot? Then there is a video for an entirely different company (https://www.totalogistix.com/contact.html) masquerading as video about their company. The website has weird grammatical errors. I go further and see the website is registered to a "Jason Steuber" who lists his registered location at an address that is a BBQ chicken shack in Pacific Grover California (the phone number as well). So at this point I've confirmed this is a scam of some sort. So I'm guessing their scam is to get my payment information/payment to this shipping company and then they charge back their deposit or payment for the service? I'm just not going to respond to the guy again but I just wanted to post it here as a caution for anyone else and wondering if anyone had seen this type of scam before or if there is something further I should do about alerting local police or what.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Frequently enough, someone on here posts something similar. Don't even respond back. Nice police work!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Excellent sleuthing by the Flying Squirrel Brigade! ....I like your name :)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
they charge back their deposit or payment for the service?
Most likely a stolen credit card who's original owner will then chargeback and you won't win an appeal. Or they send you a bad check or fake money order.

if anyone had seen this type of scam before or if there is something further I should do about alerting local police or what.
I used to report all the scams we get but they simply don't care. Unless it's 100's of thousands of dollars they don't see it as worth investigating. Maybe your officials in Canada care more than ours!

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
we get the same scam from various emails once every other month or so... always set up slightly different but we're always supposed to contact their logistics company etc. We get it on the shirt side of our business, flier printing side and also banner side. Been getting these for years and just ignore them

snow55

I haven't had them for a while but it comes in cycles with banners for us. You did the right thing by looking up everything to see if they are legit. The send it to another address and the larger amount of items is the "What a minute button"