• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird printing problem.

dj_elite

I have been encountering a weird printing problem on certain colors on my Mutoh 1204. It is kind of like 1/2" banding but I guess I wouldn't call it banding. My nozzle check is perfect and my PF adjustment is correct. It was hard to get a good picture from my phone. But as you can see in the picture the top line is darker then the bottom, and this repeats across the entire print. It does this on certain colors and this blue I printed today is really bad and noticeable. Could this be from a bad enconder strip? Any ideas?

Attachments

• color difference.jpg
    color difference.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 64

randya

Kind of looks like chromatic banding, because the colors are laid down differently in the two directions. Usually more media/speed based.

Can be alignments.

You might try printing in Uni-directional mode, or changing temperatures (usually down, but sometimes up helps).

You might just pick a different 'wave' pattern.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We get similar issues with our large printers. Typically caused by improper material movement Thru the printer causes it. Either rollers are slick and not grabbing....too much heat...sometimes particular colors are really tough to have come out smooth in general.

dj_elite

Kind of looks like chromatic banding, because the colors are laid down differently in the two directions. Usually more media/speed based.

Can be alignments.

You might try printing in Uni-directional mode, or changing temperatures (usually down, but sometimes up helps).

You might just pick a different 'wave' pattern.

I was using the wave 2 setting when I first noticed it. I have switched to fuzz 2 and that was working better. But I recently started noticing it even with fuzz 2. I will try different settings tomorrow. Hopefully it is something minor