• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird Question about HP DesignJet

nickelartistic

So maybe a strange question. I have an HP DesignJet L25500 54" solvent printer. It is in working order, but started leaking from the yellow head. As I was getting ready to repair it another printer (60" HP latex) became available at a reasonable price, and since the DesignJet was no longer being supported by HP, I moved on.

I now own a several hundred pound paper weight that takes up space in my office. Many of the parts were recently replaced so I thought about trying to sell parts piece-meal, but who's got time for that? I literally just want to give the whole thing away, and feel that someone who's familiar with them could easily fix that yellow line, or someone could scavenge it for parts, but I don't know how to find that someone. Anyone I've spoken to in my area who already has one, is more interested in trying to sell their own instead of taking mine of my hands.

Does anyone feel there is enough value in it that someone would want a free printer and if so where would one post for a free machine, or is it just a better idea to cart it off to electronics recycling? Seems like a terrible waste, but maybe it just makes sense. Opinions?

Billct2

I posted one on craigslist and a guy took it. Was going to try to fix it for his sister to do some art stuff with it

nickelartistic

I posted one on craigslist and a guy took it. Was going to try to fix it for his sister to do some art stuff with it
I may try that. I'm just worried about getting a lot of folks who think a free printer is going to launch them into the world of sign making, then bug me with every issue that comes up during the learning curve. My ideal situation is that someone familiar with printers, either takes it to repair it or realizes the value of it's individual parts, but I think I'm dreaming, lol.

Lindsey

Not A New Member
In Canada we have a trade magazine/publication called "Sign Media Canada". They have a buy & sell classified section on their website that businesses & people use to sell equipment (for use or for parts). There's a job board and lot's of other resources too.

https://www.signmedia.ca/portal/#buysell

Maybe there is a sign industry publication in the USA that has something similar in terms of classified ads.