• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Weird Stuff

mbarden

Hey Folks,
This is cast FDC white cut on Roland CX-24. I did a quick edit of the photo so you could see the edge. Check the "k" out and see if you can tell what might be going on cuz I have no idea. New blade, messed with speed and offset. These are 2" letters. Could my protective strip be bad or does the plotter need to be serviced. I bought it used so I have no idea if it has ever been serviced.
Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• CX-24.jpg
    CX-24.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 213

Replicator

MBarden - I swear by that picture I was looking at the opening credits for an

M. Night Shyamalan movie . . .

I couldn't make out one bit of that dark and dreary picture . . . Try again !

imaSIGNr

Looks like you're trying to show a crooked cut.... Maybe the font, a bootleg . Does that happen with any other typefaces ?
Possibly you scanned the word, vectorized it and tried to cut it without node editing.

chopper

I agree with Imasignr looks like a bad font, if you weld the font and then node edit the waves out you can get rid of it of use a diffrent font depending on how you designed it I have had this happen before with third party fonts or cheap down loaded fonts that have bad vector paths //chopper

mbarden

I'll check it out. I did not notice anything wrong with the font itself. Thanks for the M. Night compliment Rep. No I knmow what you mean the picture sucks. I'll try again in the morning. I'm going home.
Night Everyone.

Mike B

chopper

when it happened to me you couldnt see it on the font either unless you zoomed way in on it but if you weld the font or that letter and zoom way in on it you will see all the nodes and then you will be able to remove them//chopper