• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Welding Clipart. Which collection?

Idea Design

Anybody seen this guy before? I thought it would be an easy find-n-buy, but so far I'm coming up empty.

Attachments

• welder.jpg
    welder.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 90

Idea Design

So, for arguement's sake, does anyone know which collection it came from?

I redrew it, I'm just looking for the name of the collection.

Attachments

• welder_re.jpg
    welder_re.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 75

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
So, for arguement's sake, does anyone know which collection it came from?

I redrew it, I'm just looking for the name of the collection.

You might want to do a search at Clipart.com to see if you can spot it. If you can then you can usually figure out which collection it came from. But with millions of images available in different collections, it's never easy to back track as to who the publisher is or which collection it is in.

iSign

Hmmm... very interesting post to run across this week.

Sorry to be a :thread but...

I planned to post an exact same inquiry this week!
I also knew I'd get at least one "5 minute redraw" reply.

Anyway, I looked at Fred's site, and in my various collections already, and just now checked 10 pages at clipart.com

My welder image is a 5 minute redraw, but it's so ugly, I wonder if it is 4 generations of 5 minute redraws away from some original that may look a lot better:

Attachments

• welder.jpg
    welder.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 66

Idea Design

I find that signs101 is a usefull place in that a lot of the people here have an eye for fonts and clipart and such. I'm amazed at the time it takes for replies, that's why I posted it here. I always try to post here last, after doing my own research.

I prefer Fred's sites first, then clipart.com, then Microsoft Office clipart pages, then Google search, and if nothing turns up, post to signs101 and see if anyone knows.

I've read enough newbie posts and the thrashings that follow to do a little research prior to asking.

And doug, I'm pretty sure I've seen that one somewhere; then again I've only looked at about 14,328 clipart images of welders today.

iSign

thanks.. I kept an eye out for yours when I checked clipart.com.. in case you hadn't done that first, and hadn't seen fred's suggestion yet. I got that image from a photograph of my clients truck... and I have to do 4 more trucks Saturday... so I'll trace that ambigous amoeba if I have to... even though it's crap for art :rolleyes:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
thanks.. I kept an eye out for yours when I checked clipart.com.. in case you hadn't done that first, and hadn't seen fred's suggestion yet. I got that image from a photograph of my clients truck... and I have to do 4 more trucks Saturday... so I'll trace that ambigous amoeba if I have to... even though it's crap for art :rolleyes:

guido.gif
That's why you make the big bucks!

iSign

with a different guy, on a different day, I'd try to create more value & more benefit for both of us, by offering an upsell to better art...
...but this guy is a no-nonsense, gimmee-what-I-want kinda blue collar cat without a lot of marketing concerns. Not quite as big bucks.. but then a lot less selling time too!