• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well Color me Surprised...

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Thankfully they have to make an OS that works in big restrictive enterprises, so most elements can be ripped out as needed. Group policies are also a huge help.

WildWestDesigns

Problem is the average user can not get the Enterprise version of Windows, The workstation version has Recall already in it..
No, you actually can. Just have to subscribe to get the OS (if one can't meet the seat amount for the license). Which is really want MS wants as it is.

I would argue that it really should be on all tiers, but that would be me. Because even if you aren't in a restrictive Enterprise level, may still have to be dealing with NDA as well. Not to mention, if I'm looking at health or finance info, I don't want that "recalled". Of course, how some things are done by the so called professionals, I don't like how they do things either, even if it is a boon for convenience (and that's what that is used to sell people on features).

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
Chris Titus did a live stream where he was looking at alternate folder browsers in order to fix the problem with uninstalling Recall. He was on last night so I don't see where he posted it yet to his YouTube video feed

Full Recall will be on pilot plus computers come out now.

Smoke_Jaguar

We didn't bother with getting AI coprocessors or whatever they're called on our systems. Reminds me of dumb stuff like those short-lived PhysX cards.

WildWestDesigns

We didn't bother with getting AI coprocessors or whatever they're called on our systems. Reminds me of dumb stuff like those short-lived PhysX cards.
The thing of it was, people already were seeing and able to get it on the non co-pilot based computers. I think they tried to say that as a way to mitigate stuff (after all those getting co-pilot enabled computers, probably wouldn't mind the recall feature). However, the fact that it turned out that it wasn't a hard requirement, it was only a matter of time before it landed for everyone.

Smoke_Jaguar

Microsoft has a long history of maintaining a hard stance on things people don't like for a good few months and then folding like a wet paper bag.

WildWestDesigns

Microsoft has a long history of maintaining a hard stance on things people don't like for a good few months and then folding like a wet paper bag.
Not really. I don't really recall (oh the irony) of something big that they cratered on. Had the deal with IE not being able to be ripped out without hurting something, same with Cortana (I only think that they did away with that was due to their "AI" project) and now this. They also got flack for neutering Win 10 Pro features that people upgrade 10 to actually get. Those never came back.

Most of the pullbacks may have happened within the EU, but not here stateside. Not for the peons. Windows still has huge market and that isn't going to dwindle anytime soon, so that gives them huge room to scratch and burp. Shoot, they already had push back on Recall. This is the second attempt at it and not that long from the original attempt.

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
Well I downloaded Windows Enterprise version 10 and 11 and installed them in separate virtual machines, Windows 11 Enterprise has Recall enabled in it. I am testing to see if it can be removed or just turn off. Windows 10 Enterprise does not have it on the system

WildWestDesigns

If you total remove it from the system, file explorer no longer works, you have to use an alternative file browser
I think it actually does more. If what I'm seeing from other users is accurate (and they didn't do something to fubar the process), it looks like it reverts back to the Win 10 UI. How long that lasts, is something else (if accurate) as that is a lot to maintain down the road. It could just be there while they irony out the transition phase.

I doubt Win 10 E will have it as it's a year or less before EOL (unless people pay for continued updates, so they are getting their money one way or the other).

I do not see this ending well for just regular users. G rated version, LLMs (what passes for "AI" now) need more data to process as probably by now they are gobbling up data generated by themselves or other LLMs (kinda tech version of incest if you will). All in all, it's more valuable to have that stuff in there compared to not having it, despite what end users may or may not have a problem with.