• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

well it finally happened

visual800

I had to replace the bulbs in my 18volt milwaukee flashlight. As we all know there is nothing but LED replacments. I bought 2 and blew them 1 after the other....well so much for last 12 year! Is the 18volt battery too powerful to run these. They both came on for about 3 seconds then POOF! OUT.

Miwaukee sells it own brand of LED and they aint cheap. Needless to say Im a littl pi$$ed off about this. Any of you guys experienced this

Sandman

Nope. My Ryobi uses standard flashlight bulbs. Chances are pretty good that your Milwaukee flashlight uses a Cree LED, especially if it is a single bulb. Cree LED's are extremely bright. A single standard LED bulb would not throw much light. My flashlight with a Cree bulb uses a 3.7 volt battery.

3Dee

you cannot wire an led directly. there must be a current limiting resistor in line with the led. (it's not voltage as much as current)
also, an led being a diode is has a polarity - and +
try a resistor of 820 ohms and see if that prevents burn out. hard to find now that radio shack is no longer around.
a website found with tips Current limiting Resistor calculator for leds