• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well, it worked before...

WrapCity

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Signs101, but from what I have seen, I am pretty sure that one or more of you great sign maker/ computer guru's can help me. :notworthy:

We recently had to rebuild one of our computers, so when we re installed all the software, everything works good except I cannot get Cutting Master 2 to plot from CS4. It was working before we rebuilt the computer. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating and messing around with the drivers. I just can't figure out why it won't work.

We have our Graphtec CE3000-60 networked through a different computer than the subject of this post and for whatever reason, CM2 is not seeing the proper path to the plotter and it wont allow me to force the path. When we try to plot we get the error in CM2 that it "cannot open port" The strange thing is it sees every other networked printer except for that one which it seems to be calling Graphtec USB. I have been wracking my brain and the graphtec website for any options and am having no luck. Tried calling Graphtec, they have not returned my calls. If you need more info let me know.

I can get Cutting Master 1 to work in CS2 on that computer but we cant keep bouncing back and forth between programs just to plot.

Help me Signs101-Kenobe, you're my only hope.

:thankyou:

sinetist

I had a problem crop up when I upgraded some other cutting software that I normally use. The Graphtec USB driver seemed to capture the port and wouldn't let anything else connect. The problem was solved when I hooked everything up with a USB to Serial (Keyspan) adapter and serial connection to the plotter.

WrapCity

The problem was solved when I hooked everything up with a USB to Serial (Keyspan) adapter and serial connection to the plotter.

Thanks for the welcomes :glasses:

I will have to get one and give it a try hopefully that is the answer. Thanks!

dwt

Welcome. Have you tried to 'install usb port' on the computer to tell it to recognize the outlet? That happened here once. Good Luck

WrapCity

Fixed it!

Welcome. Have you tried to 'install usb port' on the computer to tell it to recognize the outlet? That happened here once. Good Luck[/QUOTE

OK, after spending about 3 hours on the problem on Saturday we managed to get the plotter working by telling it to plot to our HP laser printer (which is also connected to that computer via serial port)

My husband and I were going through both computers and trying to figure out how to get it to recognize the Graphtec and some how (unknowingly) managed to change the serial port setting to the same USB setting as the plotter for the HP printer. We set cutting master 2 to the HP printer and it finally recognized the port. We didn't know that that was what we did at the time (ha ha)

The problem was, when I got back to work Monday morning, everytime we tried to Print to the HP it would try to plot on the Graphtec lol. So I set the HP back to the serial port setting and of course the Graphtec wouldn't plot from CS4 anymore.

My solution ended up being to install the HP Printer again under a different name to the serial port and to install it again under its original name to the USB port and now everything is printing and plotting the way it's supposed to YAY!

Thanks for the help :U Rock:

Kris

WrapCity

Guess what.... we upgraded our computers to Windows 7 machines and we are having the same D$*@ problem (AGAIN!). Only this time we can't hook up the serial printer to fool Cutting Master 2 into seeing it because the new computers don't have serial ports. Working on a solution.... will let you all know what I discover.

Why doesn't Cutting Master 2 have the ability to browse for a printer?!? That would make this a non-issue! The computer and CS4 see it for what it is but the program designed to use this plotter can't see it? ARGH... lol.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Guess what.... we upgraded our computers to Windows 7 machines and we are having the same D$*@ problem (AGAIN!). Only this time we can't hook up the serial printer to fool Cutting Master 2 into seeing it because the new computers don't have serial ports. Working on a solution.... will let you all know what I discover.

Why doesn't Cutting Master 2 have the ability to browse for a printer?!? That would make this a non-issue! The computer and CS4 see it for what it is but the program designed to use this plotter can't see it? ARGH... lol.

WE could never get cutting master 2 to work for our FC7000 over the network. Our solution was a switch (IOGear) that both computers are hooked into. We simple switch the connection back and forth.

Don't know if that will help you, but it works for us :smile:

spur

Graphtech released a new version of Cutting Master a few months back, have you downloaded it and tried that?

WrapCity

Graphtech released a new version of Cutting Master a few months back, have you downloaded it and tried that?

Yes, and for whatever reason, it will simply not recognize the Plotter over the network. It is incredibly frustrating. It will work on the computer it is hooked up to and with everything still running cutting master 1, its just this one computer and it is driving me batty!

I will however not let it defeat me ! I will figure it out and fix it no matter how mant beers it takes :thumb:

And will be sure to let you all know how I did it :smile:

WrapCity

No luck last night, worked on it for 3 hours. Tried setting up a virtual (imaginary) printer that it could see over the network and route it to the proper port. Didn't work. Going to try a few more things today in the hopes that one of them might. I got it to work once, there must be a way that is so simple it's complicated lol.

Thanks for the switch suggestion BigDawg, that may be what it comes down to.

digitalwoodshop

I have found that by deleting the USB ports involved and letting it make a new USB solved problems like above.... I have 4 Epson R1800's and get problems like this as they have a electronic serial number and when the USB's get confused it is best to delete them and let it reload.

Good Luck,

AL

FC7000-60

WrapCity

Solved (for now)

Thanks for all the suggestions, what we ended up doing was going out and buying a wireless usb port that broadcasts a TCP/IP address. We had to manually set up each of our various operating systems with the new address but after that everything seems to be working very well. No more problems with CM2 recognizing the plotter. Yay! Now on to the next set of problems ha ha ha.....:peace!: