• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well that's a first! V. vinyl on roll backwards

Ordered some rtape tattoo to do 100 shirts for my wife's school. They are doing a seussical jr event at their school. Made a bunch of dr seuss themed ties for the shorts

Got the roll from fellers this morning, put it and did a row to make sure they were good.

Looked at them after they printed and almost crapped myself.

Ends up the vinyl is on the roll backwords or upside down.

attachment.php

never had this happen in 10+ years of sign making

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 132

Flame

What....is rtape tattoo?????

And yes a lot of heat transfer stuff seems to be rolled backwards.

Aka reverse wound.

As for the tattoo material....also curious about it.

reverse wound! thanks

What, pray, is r tape tattoo? Gene

What....is rtape tattoo?????

And yes a lot of heat transfer stuff seems to be rolled backwards.

It's a new brand of heat transfor that fellers sells. Thought I would give it a try and i love it!

Here is some stuff I have done. Stuff works great. We use our SP300V to print it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

WestcoastSigns

OMG! Just coming on here to see if this has happened to anyone else and saw your post. We just got a small roll in today too and it's the wrong way around.

Ok, dumb question. Do I have to reroll it the right way or can I have the media go into the printer coming from under the roll rather than over it?

This is like the question of how to put toilet paper roll on the dispenser.

jfiscus

Rap Master
It is just "Reverse Wound", most catalogs/suppliers will tell you that when ordering. I've never had a problem with which way a roll was wound, have had standard vinyl that way & a lot of the time banner material is reverse wound to protect the print surface.

rjssigns

Been wanting to try some heat transfers. We run an SP540V, any profiles or special techniques to get a good print?

signswi

Always check the wind direction, surprised you've never seen this in 10 years. We order it one way or the other depending on the machine in question.

cmilford

We keep getting the occasional laminate or vinyl from fellars reverse wound, but not ordered that way... hmmm...

OMG! Just coming on here to see if this has happened to anyone else and saw your post. We just got a small roll in today too and it's the wrong way around.

Ok, dumb question. Do I have to reroll it the right way or can I have the media go into the printer coming from under the roll rather than over it?

This is like the question of how to put toilet paper roll on the dispenser.

I asked to be sent another roll.

It is just "Reverse Wound", most catalogs/suppliers will tell you that when ordering. I've never had a problem with which way a roll was wound, have had standard vinyl that way & a lot of the time banner material is reverse wound to protect the print surface.

I ordered a 15ft roll and 30ft roll. The 15ft roll was fine but the 30ft roll was reverse.

What are you using to mask tatoo?

I have tried a few things.

paper premask curls too much
poli-tape clear works good along with other clear premask.
Make sure to use something with a good tack and no curling.
Dont use the rtape clear choice high tack stuff.. It burns into the shirt

Get a old shirt and just play with settings

I do them for 14sec at 312 (i think)

imprintables sells really good stuff and i use it on larger transfers.

Been wanting to try some heat transfers. We run an SP540V, any profiles or special techniques to get a good print?

I used the oracal 3164g profile and it works great so far. Have not had a chance to fine tune it

Always check the wind direction, surprised you've never seen this in 10 years. We order it one way or the other depending on the machine in question.

Dang.. That crazy. I'm just a small shop but still have never ran into that

We keep getting the occasional laminate or vinyl from fellars reverse wound, but not ordered that way... hmmm...

Fellers has been dropping the ball lately

dj_elite

How is the material? Is it thin? I currently use Roland transfer. You have to print with no heat, then wait 24 hours before pressing. It works good but the material is pretty thick and has a plasticy feel to it

How is the material? Is it thin? I currently use Roland transfer. You have to print with no heat, then wait 24 hours before pressing. It works good but the material is pretty thick and has a plasticy feel to it

I printed and waited no time to press them on the shirts. As soon as they came off the printer I pressed them
No ink transferred to the premask

As far as feel. Its very thin. Running your finger across it you can barely feel it. I used it on some of my soccer jerseys and you could not even tell it was there.

19.5 x 15ft is $65.00 Its worth a try!

tsgstl

I'm not a fan of reverse wound stuff. Like mentioned some banner material will come this way. On one hand its great for eliminating greasy fingerprints but I think it is the main cause of wear on the back of my printer. It just pulls so tight as it feeds.