Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Western Wisconsin Newbie Looking for Help

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by wildhock, Jun 14, 2007.

1. wildhock

wildhock Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Hello All,

Newbie to the sign/vehicle graphics arena. I recently purchased a GX-24 for my apparel business I do part time. I am looking at entering lightly into the vehicle graphics arena.

I live in western Wisconsin (Eau Claire) and consult in the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN area in a completely differnent industry. I am wondering if there is anyone in the Eastern Minnesota/Western Wisconsin area that would be willing to meet and provide some business insight and guidance to a newbie.

Obviously, I don't expect a lot of takers from the Eau Claire area do to that fact no one wants to help out a potential competitor, but maybe from the Twin Cities. In spending some time in the forums, there are a lot of people willing to share information...Just maybe someone is willing to talk face to face and perhaps do a little mentoring.

Hopefully this isn't looked at as too obnoixious....It is just that there is no harm in asking.

Thanks,

Jon

Tags:
  2. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Welcome to the group from eastern Wisconsin.

3. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    your best bet would be part-time employment with a sign company and getting

real hands on experience . . . face-to-face !

4. Conor Knoxx

Conor Knoxx Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Gananoque, ON
    LOL, I approached much the same idea, from the other direction.

Since I knew little to nothing, I hired an experienced sign-maker to work for me :Cool 2:

5. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Howdee from VA................

6. mladams7259

mladams7259 Very Active Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Welcome ABoard!

7. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    Hello Cheesehead!

:Welcome:

8. belongie

belongie Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Nothin' wrong with cheeseheads! In fact, three have already posted on this thread! lol Hi, from northeast Wiscosin.......Yeah I know....damn near a yooper I am.

9. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    You are in an area rich with good sign people that I know...
    Mike Meyer from Mazeppa MN (hosted two Internationals as well as lots of regional meets)
    Matt Rolli from Hudson, Wisconsin (hosting a big Letterhead meet there next year)
    Kurt Gaber from Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
    Dave Correll from Faribault MN
    All are hand-painters who can also cut vynull.
    Dave Correll can do the best wet-blended pictorials I ever saw, and has designed a few Letterhead fonts.
    William J Krupinski from M'waukee.
    Krupinski designs fonts for Sign DNA and is a great cartoonist.
    I don't know what kind of business plans they can assist you with but if you want to learn how to make damn fine-looking signs or vehicle lettering, you can maybe "observe" them in action.
    Love....Jill

10. Bulldog1929

Bulldog1929 Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Belongie, This past Christmas I had a little tee shirt shop at our local mall. A buddy of mine had his cutter setup. One day a man came in and wanted "Yooper" printed on it.
    Being a Buckeye, I had no idea what a "yooper" was until he explained it to me. I thought all folks "up north" were wolverines. LOL

11. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Lots of infomation right here...:thumb:

12. jdb

jdb Active Member

Apr 26, 2007
    welcome, and ask away!