• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wet or Dry application (Hood Decals)

TheresYourSign

Oh the requests I get. :rock-n-roll:

So here it is... Dodge challenger RT hood decal kit comes ready to install - 1080 3M series. All installs using the 1080 series vinyl I've done were all dry, no problems what so ever. I see some installers do wet installs too. My question to the community is what is the best way to install these decals on the hood (Wet or Dry) & any advice or tips?

letterman7

Whatever you feel comfortable with. Just did a Mustang with one of their kits not too long ago. Set up to do it wet, did one half wet and the other dry... found it was easier to do it dry.

toucan_graphics

I have ALWAYS done dry installs...... however, I just did a dry install on a Mustang GT last week using 3M ScotchCal 7125 and had to re-cut the hood decal because I had issues with it. I installed the 2nd one wet and had no issues at all.

I guess wet or dry depends on the situation. Vehicle hoods will most likely be done wet in my shop from now on.