• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What a day..........................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ever have one of those days where nothing makes sense ??

Well, at first, it was like that today. We have one printer down, due to whatever. The tech is coming in tomorrow. She's good, so no worries there, but it's been out since Tuesday. Our 15" plotter doesn't work real good ever since getting it back from the repair shop. Our flatbed was starting to band a little and the Cyan was showing signs of needing a good cleaning, so we decided do to a flush today. Upon putting the rest of a bottle in, when reaching for the other bottle, uh-oh........ someone had put an empty bottle up on the shelf......... Guess what, no more flush. So, that printer is kaput today. The flush will be in tomorrow around 10:30am. Our 30" plotter doesn't get used much anymore so we don't stock a lotta vinyls for it, so all of the die-cut lettering we should've done can't be done on that one, either. Putting vinyl down on some 480 specialty blanks and the box was marked wrong from the factory. I had ordered 600 blanks and only 400 came in, but was marked 600. That stopped early, too. We have two tri-axles, two cop cruisers and a van... all needed to be lettered by the end of the day tomorrow. Larry's daughter became violently ill yesterday and he can't come in tomorrow. The new guy can't lay vinyl down on these vehicles without being baby-sat.

I'm leaving early tonight, going to a party and then returning tomorrow around 7am for the tech lady and then gonna have a little bit of a full day.

Happy Thursday afternoon............... :toasting:

JBusch260

Whew Gino, that sounds exhausting. Can't say I'm a stranger to days like that either. Days like that, I clasp my hands on my head and internally mimic the scream from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I hope you have better luck tomorrow!

SolitaryT

Man... had one of those days LAST Monday, almost two whole weeks ago, and we're STILL recovering... First off, phone kept ringing and ringing. We have four employees, one of which is the owner who also owns half of a different company, so he's always caput. So three employees, a phone ringing two or three lines deep, one printer, which decided that the same day was the perfect time to have the data and encoder strips replaced, and throw in some messed up orders with customer errors that needed to be fixed, for free in their opinion even though the proofs were approved by them, blah, blah, blah, a couple of jobs that used up our material in stock (and being in Alaska, that's a good week without material unless you're willing to pay over twice as much as the material in shipping), etc., etc. Like I said, two weeks, and we're still getting our **** together.

HulkSmash

Gino,

I feel you man...I've been going in every morning at 4:30 for the past month.
we have trains, buses, tons of vans, fleet of box trucks.

we just got our new flatbed, and that been doing some work..with that.

im beat too... can't wait for the weekend.

just kidding working that too.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahhhhhh.... there is a God.

They had Jameson and that's good enough for me.

We talked business, food, drinks, dancing, played with the dogs.... the little kids and we all had a ball. They played some salsa and mambo for us and we danced for about an hour. In fact, some of them asked if they could take group lessons with Carol. Then, they played some Argentine Tango....... and the Goddess just melted the crowd.
Oh, good God.... am I a lucky man..................... :omg2:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Good to see your day had a Happy Ending.
Speaking of being lucky, shouldn't you be in the bedroom about now doing something more entertaining than posting on 101?.......

wayne k
guam usa

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The tech got here at 7 this morning and we've been printing since 8:15. Jeremy and I both got in early to get things moving a little earlier.

Seems the last encoder eye/scanner was the wrong one installed on our machine, but I'll not mention the name, since it's a Merchant Member here. We've had spotty problems with this ever since he had worked on it. It is working better than ever. Seems almost 'new' again.

The flush should be in around noon-ish and then the flatbed will be running again.

Oh, do we have a lot of catching up to do. We're practically fighting over who goes next on the Roland.

Maybe I should think about getting a second one. :rolleyes: